The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dragon Con 2012

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dragon Con 2012 Empty Dragon Con 2012 Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:18 pm

GreenLanternPrime

Was wondering if anyone else was planning on going this year, and who has gone before, as I plan on making my first trip there this year, as I will already be in the area, visiting family anyway. Mainly, just wondering how what I should expect, crowd size, as well as if there are usually any major comic writers and artists there, as well. Any info would be a major help and will be appricated. Thanks.

2Dragon Con 2012 Empty Re: Dragon Con 2012 Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:15 am

choanata

Admin

I've never been but that is one I've thought about. A bunch of friends on Facebook rave about it for cosplay, I guess if I were closer it would be an easier decision to go. As it is, Heroes con is a possibility this year, but definitely not Dragon con this time.

3Dragon Con 2012 Empty Re: Dragon Con 2012 Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:30 pm

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

When did Heroes become the alternative for everyone?

http://www.lanterncast.com

4Dragon Con 2012 Empty Re: Dragon Con 2012 Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:35 pm

choanata

Admin

Maybe not so much an alternative but an additional made possible by Superbus.

5Dragon Con 2012 Empty Re: Dragon Con 2012 Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:44 pm

GreenLanternPrime

cage_narleigh wrote:When did Heroes become the alternative for everyone?

When Super Show was called off, or hopefully just posponed. You will probably also see more people heading off to the other con's, that otherwise would not have gone, hence why I decided to go to Dragon Con this year.

6Dragon Con 2012 Empty Re: Dragon Con 2012 Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:45 pm

gland

gland

I almost went, and I still feel kinda bad for not being able to make it. It's already on my list as a possibility for next year.

7Dragon Con 2012 Empty Re: Dragon Con 2012 Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:47 am

GLKitteh

I'm there every year! We need to hang out!

40k+ people, not too many big name comic writers or artists there but there are always a couple of big names every year.

Some tips (many of these apply for any con):

If you can get your passes on thursday. You will be in line for an hour or so, but better then half the day on friday.

Park in one of the hotel parking decks, they are more expensive but safer and there are always some spaces (unless you go late in the day).

Don't eat at the standard meal times, you can be in line for over an hour if you do. Bring food if you can/want to.

Bring lots of money for autographs.

GO THOROUGH ALL 3 DEALERS ROOMS BEFORE BUYING ANYTHING (unless it is something you know you want no matter what).

Do plan out what events you want to go to in advance.

Add 10-15 minutes to travel between hotels, including getting lost time. (a Dargon vet. like me still gets turned around at times).

8Dragon Con 2012 Empty Re: Dragon Con 2012 Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:52 am

GLKitteh

I sent you a message, now, try and figure out if you can find it on the new forums! MWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA.... "cough"... hmmm.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum