The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secret Santa 2012 follow up!

+2
Geof
choanata
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Empty Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:02 pm

choanata

Admin

So now that the holidays are over, schedules are getting back to normal, I thought now might be a good time to post what you got from your secret santa, here in this one thread! (Any problems please send me a message)

I had Geof, and my gifts came in two waves, lol.

First up was a Matchbox car of The Bat. I told Geof that once I actually see Batman Rises, I'm sure I'll love it, lol. Yeah, still have not seen it. Not much time for movies lately!

In the same package was a little 2 pack of Squinkies, with Darksied and Green Lantern! I now have the one I wanted!

The second package came Christmas Eve and came with 2 of the most fun gifts I received all Christmas. One was the Action League Lafleeze, the last one I needed from that line! And it's a cool one with a giant Glommy accessory!

And finally, a little lego set with Gandalf! It's perfect because I wanted something Hobbit Lego related, but have neither the money or space for the bigger sets, so now I have a little something. And I get to build it, which brings back some awesome Christmas memories from the past.

Overall, it was really awesome. A highlight for me this Christmas.

And as for my son James, he had Meg. Meg got him a Star Trek Enterprise baby spoon set with light-up Trek bib! It's adorable. And I'm greatly looking forward to using it, some peeple are like "here comes the airplane!", I'm gonna be like "here comes the Starship!" But don't worry, I'll make sure it only ever uses it's impulse engines. Very Happy

2Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Empty Re: Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:46 pm

Geof

Geof

I'm glad you liked them, Jim! I'd found Larfleeze for myself a month or so earlier, and knew I had to get that for you once I'd heard the gift idea episode. Of course, after that, I never saw the figure in stores again, haha! But I was able to find it decently priced on Amazon, which necessitated the two-part shipment. And of course, NOW I see Larfleeze at every other Toys 'R Us, HA!

And yeah, that Darkseid squinkie is awesome. I don't usually buy those because the paint apps are so bad, but that one came out really well!

My Secret Santa was Chad. I found this out on Christmas Eve when he PMd me, saying he wouldn't be able to mail my gift until the Post Office reopened. This was totally fine, since I HAD said not to worry about the deadline after taking so long to post my likes. Kookiness ensued, which I'll leave to Chad or Jim to elaborate on if they wish, but yesterday I received a book!

It's a graphic novel adaptation of Silverfin, one of the "Young James Bond" books by Charlie Higson. I'm a big 007 fan, and Skyfall's kept Bond high on my radar for several months now, so this book couldn't really have come at a better time. I'd always intended to check out the Young Bond series, but the idea of stories told from that time period never fully clicked with me the way something like Young Indiana Jones might. So much of Bond's appeal lies in that he IS an adult with an adult (and occasionally boyish) manner. But if anything's going to sell the idea to me, it's a comic. So, thank you, Chad! Great gift idea!

3Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Empty Re: Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:25 am

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

I had Dan as my Santa. He got me the Pop Heroes SInestro movie version. It goes well with the movie Hal Pop Heroes figure Corwin got for me last year. he also included a second gift explaining in a note "Sinestro's box got here all banged up, so I threw in a second, TOTALLY MANLY gift. Happy happy!"

It was a Pinkie Pie figure. I kept the note to explain it; bronies aren't quite as accepted by the mainstream as comic geeks unfortunately so I don't go advertising that I am one. Pinkie Pie is my second favorite of the Mane Six, mainly because she shares a voice actress with my favorite Fluttershy, so this is an awesome gift and the first piece of MLP shwag I've ever had.

Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Tumblr_m7fon0r3741ruc976o4_500

4Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Empty Re: Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:36 am

gland

gland

I'm in the Fluttershy camp myself.

I got a Ferris Air t-shirt, which has been added to my epic super team of comic shirts. It came from Canada, so CLEARLY it's from Santa :p I mean, snowy? NORTH? Santa.

Thanks Blume.

5Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Empty Re: Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:33 pm

Scott

Scott

gland wrote:I'm in the Fluttershy camp myself.

I got a Ferris Air t-shirt, which has been added to my epic super team of comic shirts. It came from Canada, so CLEARLY it's from Santa :p I mean, snowy? NORTH? Santa.

Thanks Blume.

No problem Gland. I saw the shirt with Ferris Air on the front and then when I turned it around and saw "Test Pilot" on the back I said SOLD!

And btw I had to travel to the far reaches of the Canadian North in stormy blizzards that tested my life to get the shirt. tongue

6Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Empty Re: Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:48 pm

GLKitteh

We got ours! I got an Action League figure repaint from Jim and Rachel got a Halo figure from hers! Thanks! These are awesome!

7Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Empty Re: Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:21 pm

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

GLKitteh wrote:We got ours! I got an Action League figure repaint from Jim and Rachel got a Halo figure from hers! Thanks! These are awesome!

Tell Rachel I'm glad she likes it.

8Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Empty Re: Secret Santa 2012 follow up! Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:48 pm

GLKitteh

Odinson91 wrote:
GLKitteh wrote:We got ours! I got an Action League figure repaint from Jim and Rachel got a Halo figure from hers! Thanks! These are awesome!

Tell Rachel I'm glad she likes it.

She likes it a lot! She put it on the Christmas tree next to Sgt. Johnson (who is her favorite character) also from halo!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum