The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lanterncast Presents: Elseworlds! #7: Green Lantern: Dragon Lord!

+3
cage_narleigh
gland
choanata
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

choanata

Admin

Knowing what lay before us, it took us almost a full year to work up the willpower to finally cover it, Green Lantern: Dragon Lord! Is it just as bad as the guys imagined it would be? Or are they just remembering it wrong? Listen in as we delve into the tale of a Green Lantern of Earth in 660 AD China! Leave us a voicemail at 708-LANTERN!

Music by Unkast – “Bullhead”!

Download Episode #7 Here!

gland

gland

I've actually never read this. I always see it at every comic store ever, and I always just don't care.

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

That's probably for the best...

http://www.lanterncast.com

Scott

Scott

I have it on order because that's just how I roll.

I'll get back to you guys in a few weeks when it arrives.

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

Blume wrote:I have it on order because that's just how I roll.

And in other news, total sales of the prestige format mini-series "Green Lantern: Dragon Lord" doubled today unexpectedly...

http://www.lanterncast.com

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

cage_narleigh wrote:
Blume wrote:I have it on order because that's just how I roll.

And in other news, total sales of the prestige format mini-series "Green Lantern: Dragon Lord" doubled today unexpectedly...

How do you double zero?

gland

gland

Now I kind of want to read this. Kinda want to see the context and presentation of what you're talking about, because I feel like it might not be as bad as you make it out to be.

Spaceflash

gland wrote:Now I kind of want to read this. Kinda want to see the context and presentation of what you're talking about, because I feel like it might not be as bad as you make it out to be.

I was just thinking the same thing.

choanata

Admin

By all means, please do. PLEASE do. I dare you.

Scott

Scott

The Dragon Lord series has officially landed on Canadian soil.

choanata

Admin

Blume wrote:The Dragon Lord series has officially landed on Canadian soil.

And is that ALL that has landed on Canadian soil? HMMMMM?

GLKitteh

I never really liked this story much either... There is so much they could have done to fit it into GL continuity as well as Chinese History/Mythology. They could have used the stereotypical Three Kingdom's wars (Romance of the Three Kingdoms) or Journey to the West or tons of others!

Also turning the rings around would have fit more into the Martial Arts Theme as well as the Legends of the Buddhist Palm technique, which is one of the most powerful martial arts techniques in mythology.

Also Chad, the Chinese used short swords for hundreds of years and that style of sword is used in almost all period piece Martial Arts movie and almost every fighting anime with a Chinese character. Actually they are pretty stereotypical for other countries talking about Chinese mythology.

Scott

Scott

choanata wrote:

Well the Green Lantern/Green Arrow TPB just landed on Canadian soil also. Ha! I think choanata is referring to my son Cameron arrived 6 weeks early on Aug 8! A new member of the lanterncast family. You're next choanata!

choanata

Admin

Blume wrote:
choanata wrote:

Well the Green Lantern/Green Arrow TPB just landed on Canadian soil also. Ha! I think choanata is referring to my son Cameron arrived 6 weeks early on Aug 8! A new member of the lanterncast family. You're next choanata!

Woot woot!

gland

gland

Six weeks early! Everything ok? I don't know how normal that is in baby-time.

Scott

Scott

gland wrote:Six weeks early! Everything ok? I don't know how normal that is in baby-time.

Thanks Gland, he spent three weeks in the hospital but we brought him home three days ago and he's been doing great. He's an emerald warrior.

gland

gland

Good. Now paint those walls green!

Scott

Scott

Great episode guys. This series is absolutely ridiculous though. This was a big scam to get higher sales by labeling it a green lantern book. The amount of green lantern references are maybe 10% or less and the 10% isn't very loyal to the green lantern story anyway.

Choanata - you mention that you're pretty certain that it's an Elseworlds. I looked it up online and unfortunately I founds a source that I won't mention (ok it was comicvine) that quotes the following:

"**This was not an Elseworlds tale, but an actual in-continuity story. Still, not enough information exists to decipher whether Jong-Li's tale takes place before or after that of Yalan Gur.**"

Ugh you got to be kidding me. I'm starting to feel sick to my stomach.

There's no way Jong Li would EVER have been chosen to be a Green Lantern with his wishy washy attitude and lack of self confidence. They way he turned his back on that toddler/pre-schooler/pre-teen (whatever that kid was) is sickening!

I'm going to file these issues away in the back of my green lantern collection because that just what I have to do but I'm not going to be happy about doing it.

On a happier note it was very entertaining listening to you guys review the series. Good or bad these stories need to be praised or exposed for what they are and you guys are the best in the business to do it.

Signing off from the Great White North.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum