The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL: Green Lantern The Animated Series is CANCELLED!

+8
Corwin
DoctorDoom
GLKitteh
Merlin's Android
EarthGBilly
DaoFAQ
gland
cage_narleigh
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

The news broke today folks, and I blame Cartoon Network alone for this...

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/young-justice-green-lantern-canceled.html

http://www.lanterncast.com

gland

gland

OFFICIAL: Green Lantern The Animated Series is CANCELLED! Tumblr_m26qannBR21qd5haio1_500

I miss them already.

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

OFFICIAL: Green Lantern The Animated Series is CANCELLED! Tumblr_m26qannBR21qd5haio1_500

Me too. Sad

As long as the story lines are rapped up in an ok fashion then I won't be too upset.

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

You know, it is a real shame.

Warner Bros. can't manage to put together live action films with any consistency unless they star Batman, but they are so good with their animated projects.

Honestly, I was looking forward to the new seasons of Green Lantern and Young Justice more than I'm looking forward to Man of Steel and that Never-Gonna-Happen JLA pipe dream coming up.

I almost wish they'd just focus on their animation... or put whoever is in charge of the animation licenses in charge of live-action.

I mean, I would seriously have more faith in a JLA project if they announced Bruce Timm was overseeing it. Or the guys behind Young Justice.

gland

gland

The one single positive in all this is that the current season of both shows were finished before the October pull, so the seasons will get to finish as planned. And in GL's case, what with season 1 being a pair of 13-episode story arcs, it really does feel like we got 2 seasons out of it in the end.

Merlin's Android

Merlin's Android

Here's the February episode schedule...check out the title for the episode airing on 23 Feb!!!!

http://www.blogofoa.com/2013/01/green-lantern-animated-series-february.html

Now I'm even more disappointed this is getting canned!

GLKitteh

Mad ... Sad

DoctorDoom

That's a damn shame.

gland

gland

Rodge wrote:Here's the February episode schedule...check out the title for the episode airing on 23 Feb!!!!

http://www.blogofoa.com/2013/01/green-lantern-animated-series-february.html

Now I'm even more disappointed this is getting canned!

OFFICIAL: Green Lantern The Animated Series is CANCELLED! A3zzV

Huge but worth it:

https://2img.net/h/i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu39/blogofoa/Animated%20Series/OrangeHal.jpg

DoctorDoom

Oh, damn it, Cartoon Network!

Corwin

Corwin

HEADS WILL ROLL!!!

jaydee74

jaydee74

The show was amazing. Anyone know if the show will be collected in one edition casue I will buy the hell out of that.

Highball2814

Highball2814

I feel really hurt that all my shows on CN were cancelled in just a few weeks of each other. GLTAS, YJ, & Clone Wars. I refuse to watch the Teen Titans revival show. I just can't do it.

PS this my first post. yay!

Corwin

Corwin

Welcome!!!

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on CN cartoons.

GLKitteh

Highball2814 wrote:I feel really hurt that all my shows on CN were cancelled in just a few weeks of each other. GLTAS, YJ, & Clone Wars.  I refuse to watch the Teen Titans revival show.  I just can't do it.

I'm still pretty upset about YJ and GL but Teen Titans Go is pretty funny. It doesn't replace or make up for the others, but it isn't a horrible show.

And welcome!

choanata

Admin

Highball2814 wrote:I feel really hurt that all my shows on CN were cancelled in just a few weeks of each other. GLTAS, YJ, & Clone Wars.  I refuse to watch the Teen Titans revival show.  I just can't do it.

Welcome!

And I agree. They poisoned the well for me. I'm done with them.

Highball2814

Highball2814

I agree with corwin. I want to like CN, but I can't get behind shows like Regular Show or Adventure Time.

And thanks GLKitteh!

gland

gland

I just started watching both of those, actually. Regular Show has nice absurd sense of humor it really commits to, it's the kind of show I can watch a big chunk of and then forget about for a couple months before going back. Adventure Time, though, is really fun and creative. People may have gotten out of hand praising it, but it really does deserve to be seen by as many people as possible.

Corwin

Corwin

Highball2814 wrote:I agree with corwin.  I want to like CN, but I can't get behind shows like Regular Show or Adventure Time.

And thanks GLKitteh!

Regular Show and Adventure Time are ok. My kid loves them but I won't record them or watch them without him. I wish CN's Adult Swim was as good as it used to be.

Azreon

young justice was good to its a travesty that both shows are gone although teen titans go is pretty good also lets all remember how good samurai jack was

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum