The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

the Animated Series is back, and it brought Guy Gardner with it!

+3
EarthGBilly
choanata
gland
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gland

gland

It's official, this is the second half of season one, and it started off strong. Guy Gardner, Manhunters, possibly the Anti-Monitor? Battles in Coast City, outer space, ancient ruins, and a snowy tundra? AWESOME character interactions, pushing forward the emotional status of everyone while having fun doing it?

Yes, please Very Happy

choanata

Admin

Indeed. Good stuff. And did anybody else see the coming attractions for next week with Saint Walker fighting alongside Warth? And it was actual Warth, not Chad's so-called squid version, lol.

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

The show reminded me why Guy is my second favorite Lantern.

After Driq.

(Although, the reversal of the whole "Honor Guard" thing bothered me. Not enough to stop me from enjoying the show, just irritating like a tag on a new t-shirt.)

Corwin

Corwin

I enjoyed the ep. Good 'ole Guy Gardner...

"...so can I get Carol's number now that you're not dating?"

Scott

Scott

For some reason Canada hasn't embraced GL Animated Series yet. I can't find it anywhere on itunes Canada. Looks like Cartoon Network-Canada isn't available on cable unless you have a satellite. I ordered the first season on DVD so at lease I got that. But as far as the new episodes I think I'm hooped.

gland

gland

EarthGBilly wrote:(Although, the reversal of the whole "Honor Guard" thing bothered me. Not enough to stop me from enjoying the show, just irritating like a tag on a new t-shirt.)

I thought that was a brilliant idea. It allows an in-story reason for Hal to continue flying around on the Intercepter with Kilowag, Aya, and Razor, thus keeping the formula that served the series well in the first half of the season.

Scott

Scott

Hey guys, any plans for commentary tracks for the episodes from Part 1 of the first season? I finally got my dvd in the mail and will probably break it open this weekend.

gland

gland

This cartoon is something we keep almost doing. I think I'm the only one on the show who got to watch the whole thing, so now that the DVDs are out and everyone lives somewhere, I'm hoping to start tackling this thing sooner rather than later. At this point, can't promise it'll be before the end of this year, so don't wait on us to crack open those discs and enjoy the show.

choanata

Admin

I've seen almost everything, missed half of one but I don't think it matters. Commentary would indicate 22 minutes per episode, I don't know if we can spend that much time on every episode. And alternately, I don't think we could limit ourselves to 22 minutes for every episode. I think I may need to get the dvd when we do review it.

gland

gland

I say we just talk about em. Same as we've been doing with the early Silver Age stuff, but without the need for the detailed recap. Maybe do one or two episodes per shot.

Luke Nightwalker

Luke Nightwalker

Out of sheer curiosity, has anyone seen these screenshots from the new trailer for DC Nation? They're spoilerific, but freakin' awesome.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Scott

Scott

gland wrote:I say we just talk about em. Same as we've been doing with the early Silver Age stuff, but without the need for the detailed recap. Maybe do one or two episodes per shot.

I just cracked the DVD over the weekend and watched the first 8 episodes. They are great!

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

Luke Nightwalker wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Luke Nightwalker

Luke Nightwalker

Odinson91 wrote:
Spoiler:

I think he has something on his back and that's what you're seeing.

gland

gland

I saw that trailer at NYCC yesterday. When that first picture Christian posted came on screen, my jaw dropped. I love this show so so SO much. Best GL thing currently being produced, period.

Also, the show's been pulled until January.

the Animated Series is back, and it brought Guy Gardner with it! Angryface

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum