The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lanterncast: Episode 126 - News and General Discussion

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

choanata

Admin

An entire episode dedicated to just a bit of news and some general discussion. A laid back episode, but there are some Green Lantern references! Edited by the Epic LanternCast Producer, James Doyle! Call our voicemail number at 708-LANTERN!

Music by Desinu – “Green Ice”!

[url=http://soundcloud.com/rob-cantor/shia-labeouf ]http://soundcloud.com/rob-cantor/shia-labeouf [/url]

Download Episode #126 Here!

Jay Kay

Jay Kay

Alan Scott's costume: Yeah, I dig it--like you said, it makes more sense if Jay Garrick becomes a hero in the 00s to wear something like that then the red and green get-up. I didn't think of the train thing in relation to the cover though--that could make for a very interesting sequence.

And this really gave me the right word to explain how this is different--for the first time since pretty much these characters were created, it seems like they're approaching these characters like contemporary figures. It's kind-of a weird thing to think about since they've been the grandfathers of the DCU since the 60s, more or less, and I have to wonder if it takes away something unique about them, but I can't deny that it's a new or potentially interesting take on them.

The GL in that gatefold cover...what if that's the First Lantern? Midnighter is another possibility--though when you consider his past iteration, he'd probably fit better with a Sinestro Corps ring.

I tried The Manhattan Projects...I honestly didn't care for it. I read through it and basically thought, "This is just a slightly more contemporary version of SHIELD." I honestly think Hickman really needs to go outside his wheelhouse a little more else he becomes stale.

Potential #0 issues? ...Eh, I would have to see what stories they decide to do. I can DEFINITELY see some interesting stories done with it. I mean, off the top of my head:

Batman #0 could show instances of the Court of Owls actually shaping and influencing Gotham city...

Batgirl #0 could show the actual surgery that made her walk again...

Red Hood #0 could show how Jason Todd came back from the dead, or show how Roy Harper went down a bad road, or how Starfire met some of her peers and why she ended up going into isolation...

Action Comics #0 could show Superman's FIRST superheroic feat, how he encountered Lois and the like (and really, more of young, hot-shot T-Shirt Superman is a good thing, IMO)...

It's a lot like the New 52 in general...it could fall spectacularly on it's face...but it could also do something pretty cool. All the complaints I'm hearing just sounds like semantics and being cynical for the sake of being cynical, IMO.

I think you got your Wonder Woman thing confused--the super-late run wasn't Picoult, but Alan Heinberg. After him, THEN you got Picoult and then Simone.

A Mogo beach ball would be AWESOME.

That watch does sound awesome as well.

What book would I want to get as an artist edition? ...Maybe Miller's DKR?

That "Shia Labouf" song...amazing.

Good episode. Very Happy

Jay Kay

Jay Kay

Oh, and here's a link to the Shia Labeouf comics, which sound gloriously batshit insane.

gland

gland

Corwin

Corwin

Lanterncast: Episode 126 - News and General Discussion 1336172351

This is from the FCBD DC issue...what's that in the far right corner?

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

Corwin wrote:Lanterncast: Episode 126 - News and General Discussion 1336172351

This is from the FCBD DC issue...what's that in the far right corner?

When I read this, I assumed it was Noah's Ark or something.

choanata

Admin

I think he means the red lantern battery next to the haunted tank.

Corwin

Corwin

choanata wrote:I think he means the red lantern battery next to the haunted tank.

Yup...and curiously in the recent issue of Stormwatch they commandeered a Red Ring...coincidence?

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

Oh, I couldn't see it in the picture above but I see it in the comic itself.

gland

gland

Yeah, it cut off the right side of the picture.

Corwin

Corwin

If you boys ever want feedback/advice on AvX you know where I'm at or where our forums are! Things have been so busy I keep listening to the ep in chunks.

Corwin

Corwin

@Jim so as someone who is binding the GL titles would you say Blue Beetle #3 is something I should pick up?

choanata

Admin

As far as tie ins go, it's pretty good. Probably not needed, but it is technically a sinestro corp war tie in. I would include it.

Corwin

Corwin

Corwin

Corwin

choanata wrote:As far as tie ins go, it's pretty good. Probably not needed, but it is technically a sinestro corp war tie in. I would include it.

Are we talking about the New 52 series? I'm not seeing the connection...are you talking about the space parts where the other Beetles are talking?

Oh and let me know when that watch is like in it's last week or so I'm interested in that. Matter of fact we can "Watch" things on kickstarter right?

choanata

Admin

For some reason I thought you meant the last blue beetle series. With this series, it's very minimal. Like 2 pages. The rest of the comic is just blue beetle. If anything, I would just include those two pages.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum