The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lanterncast: Episode 133 - Random Topics and News!

+4
GLKitteh
DaoFAQ
flashgl78
choanata
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

choanata

Admin

Random topics being tossed around as Corwin joins in for the chaos! We discuss the future of Green Lantern in movies, come up with a Top 5 list for Storylines we’d like to see as animated films, and if Corwin is on the show then we probably discussed comic book binding at some point! Plus more? Crazy! Edited by the Epic LanternCast Producer, James Doyle! Call our voicemail number at 708-LANTERN!

Music by Desinu – “Green Ice”

Check out Knights: A Superhero RPG here! Only 6 days left!

Download Episode #133 Here!

flashgl78

Hey guys long time since i have been on the forums.

Kevin Conroy did spill the beans on a Flashpoint animated movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DBgITN9so8

I want to say its around 4:21

As far as Hush, is he a big time comic book rogue for Batman. As far as I know he has never been in TV or movies. He is in DC Universe Online.

Eric Ridgeway

choanata

Admin

flashgl78 wrote:Hey guys long time since i have been on the forums.

Kevin Conroy did spill the beans on a Flashpoint animated movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DBgITN9so8

I want to say its around 4:21

As far as Hush, is he a big time comic book rogue for Batman. As far as I know he has never been in TV or movies. He is in DC Universe Online.

Eric Ridgeway

As far as I remember, Hush popped up like 2 or 3 times after the Hush story, so not really big time rogue, but the story was huge due to the Jim Lee art. I think if they animated it in his style they would have something nice to show.

And welcome back to the forums Eric!

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

Only partway through but I am excited to see this Arab GL. Being of Arab descent and Muslim myself, I hope this character is both written and received well. I would love to be able to come on for his debut.

GLKitteh

This is what I think every time I see the new GL:

Lanterncast: Episode 133 - Random Topics and News! Newgl
Lanterncast: Episode 133 - Random Topics and News! Oldgl

Scott

Scott

Do you think they'll photoshop the gun out of the picture when issue #0 finally hits the shelves? What a terrible idea.

GLKitteh

Blume wrote:Do you think they'll photoshop the gun out of the picture when issue #0 finally hits the shelves? What a terrible idea.

I really hope so.

Scott

Scott

Whether the series is good or bad, the Green Lantern vs Aliens miniseries should be obligatory to be reviewed by the Lanterncast! and special guest Corwin.

Anyone else agree?

choanata

Admin

Blume wrote:Whether the series is good or bad, the Green Lantern vs Aliens miniseries should be obligatory to be reviewed by the Lanterncast! and special guest Corwin.

Anyone else agree?

Not only do we agree, but we agreed in it already...

gland

gland

Blume wrote:Whether the series is good or bad, the Green Lantern vs Aliens miniseries should be obligatory to be reviewed by the Lanterncast! and special guest Corwin.

Anyone else agree?

In progress.

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

gland wrote:

Anyone else agree?

In progress.

Quite literally as a matter of fact. I won't be on this one for the Alien talk. Never seen the movies and as such had no desire to see the newest installment in the movie series. This also has caused me to pass by the GL & Aliens mini series whenever I saw them in the back issues because, again, I have no history with the franchise. So I left it to the experts on this one. I trust those three will put up a quality episode.

http://www.lanterncast.com

Jay Kay

Jay Kay

The Starheart--we definitely know that it's neither that or the GLC in this universe, but yeah, I can see where what they did works really well.

"We're never going to get that story, are we?" We're getting something like that with the Trinity of Sin.

"I don't even know if Krypto exists." He does--he's just in the Phantom Zone at the moment.

One way I could definitely see Jade & Obsidian come into play--alternate future of that Earth. You could even have them be his biological kids--just because the man's gay doesn't mean he can't have biological children through a surrogate.

Yes, Morrison did reveal Earth-23, and it was AWESOME. Very Happy

I think either Johns and Robinson said somewhere that the two are talking about a potential cross-over in the future.

On Hal being drawn over with this new Lantern, I think I thought up a good reason for it--considering that we found out about this since Lee put it up for sale, I'm guessing he realized that it wouldn't be worth as much if it was just some random GL instead of Hal.

As for the new human GL--I'd like there to be more diversity in there, and I'd be curious to see what this guy's history is. And yeah, while I think it's fair to say in terms of non-white characters, having him potentially being from somewhere like the Middle East, where the religious and political conflicts are something you really can't avoid, his ethnicity or religious ties will have a lot more to do with who he is as a character, I do hope that he has a lot more going on than just that.

Yeah, Nightrunner was a French-Muslim in Batman Incorporated. He wasn't created by Morrison though, it was I believe David Hine in a Batman Annual during that time.

As for GL stories to do for animated films--how about Willworld?

Kingdom Come would be really hard to do, though, since the DCU animated flicks have all at least tried to copy the art style of the original source, and you really couldn't replicate Ross' style on anything that's cheap.

In terms of Alan Scott stories--I forget the exact name of it, but I'd suggest Made of Wood, which had Batman teaming up with Alan Scott to solve a copycat serial killer that was around during Alan's time.

I've actually started to read the Legion from the beginning, starting from the Silver Age--there's some fun, wacky shit there. Very Happy

The new TT cartoon...I don't know about this. The comedy was one of the things that I honestly just kinda lived with in the show, I never thought it really worked outside of a few episodes.

On the Hulk movies, I have it around--Hulk was SPECTACULAR, very engrossing and fascinating film, and Incredible was just a bland, vanilla mess. Hulk was awesome in Avengers, though.

Yeah, I don't get a whole lot of the hate for Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. I mean, I'm not too terribly into it, but I didn't hate it either.

As for the rumors you've heard--if you've gotten it from Marvel TV News, then you've probably gotten a lot of lies, if this article in Bleeding Cool is accurate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum