The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

the art of Mosaic

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1the art of Mosaic Empty the art of Mosaic Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:01 am

gland

gland

Throughout my epic journey reading the short-lived 1990s John Stewart solo series Green Lantern Mosaic, I made a big deal about the art in the book, the visual representations of things, specific pages and panels, so on. Well now that all's said and done, I wanted to give the visuals of this book at least a little bit of the attention and time to shine as I gave the story side of things, and that's just never going to fully work in an audio format. So I paged through, and I picked out a hand full of pages and scanned em, so hopefully those of you who haven't read along can get at least a taste of what it is I'm talking about.

And yeah, spoilers.

the art of Mosaic Mosaic1
The first page of the first issue, perfectly setting the stage for the next 18 issues.

the art of Mosaic Mosaic2
the art of Mosaic Mosaic3
The death of Ch'p, everybody.

the art of Mosaic Mosaic4
Probably the best action shot in the series. One of the most "super hero" things John gets to do, too.

the art of Mosaic Mosaic5
After leaving the Mosaic for an issue to go back to the regular super hero world and interact with the Green Lantern Corps.

2the art of Mosaic Empty Re: the art of Mosaic Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:07 am

gland

gland

the art of Mosaic Mosaic6
One of the best cases for using the Tone Men: John's crazy dance party!

the art of Mosaic Mosaic7
Had to throw in there another instance of John breaking the 4th wall and talking to the reader, since that was such a prominent part of the narrative of this book. Plus it's a good, full-on shot of Cully Hamner's John Stewart.

the art of Mosaic Mosaic8
Best way to deal with racism Wink

the art of Mosaic Mosaic9
...let's not forget, this book is batshit crazy.

the art of Mosaic Mosaic10
In an action-light series, this was quite the page turn reveal. Especially when you think about the way John and Carol are basically fine with eachother today, for some reason.

3the art of Mosaic Empty Re: the art of Mosaic Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:14 am

gland

gland

the art of Mosaic Mosaic11
Had to get a good Rose moment in there. Her memory of her father, and what that means to her reluctance to look to the stars.

the art of Mosaic Mosaic13
Very in your face, really good use of color, GREAT way to start an issue.

the art of Mosaic Mosaic14
Impressively brutal. This series doesn't do many splash pages, but it chooses its moments well.

the art of Mosaic Mosaic15
What might have been, and heavy on the symbolism.

the art of Mosaic Mosaic16
...heh heh.

the art of Mosaic Mosaic12
I think I'll end on this bounce

4the art of Mosaic Empty Re: the art of Mosaic Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Scott

Scott

Great choices on the artwork Dan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum