The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LanternCast Episode #157 - Issue 17's, Wrath of The First Lantern Kickoff!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

choanata

Admin

The guys finally start catching up with the monthlies by discussing all the issue 17′s. Listen in as we discuss the thrilling kick off to Wrath of the First Lantern. Well, maybe thrilling is a little strong… Edited by the Epic LanternCast Producer, James Doyle! Call our voicemail number at 708-LANTERN!

Music by Desinu – “Green Ice”!

Download Episode #157 Here!

jaydee74

jaydee74

Yeah. The kick-off issues felt random and just didn't do anything for me. The issues don't really get better until the #19s

Corwin

Corwin

Great ep!
I can't remember what I wanted to say...

so I'm going to wing it.

As a whole the Wraith of the First Lantern is a bit of a disappointment. We don't get a true crossover event even after the Third Army storyline which was pretty much the same. An overall story that affects all the books but doesn't carry over from one issue to the next.

To make matters worse the GL Annual #1 gave us a glimpse of greatness that the following stories didn't live up to. That annual promised the potential of the Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night.

Scott

Scott

Dan what's going on? "Vuldarian crap"? Coincidentally I'm reading the Warrior series right now and it's GREAT!!!!

Please re-read Warrior #22-23 and tell me you didn't have a good time reading these issues. Nazi dinosaurs!!!!

I agree with Jim, I'm glad Tomasi/Pasarin included this in GLC #17.

gland

gland

There was a lot in that series that was just plane fun, as only comics can do it. I just really don't like the whole Vuldarian thing. It screamed "Weeeeeeeeeee don't know what to do with Guy now that there's no Green Lantern Corps", and it's one of my definitive 90s Comics Stinkers. That's just the concept, mind you. The series had some fun to it.

gland

gland

There was a lot in that series that was just plane fun, as only comics can do it. I just really don't like the whole Vuldarian thing. It screamed "Weeeeeeeeeee don't know what to do with Guy now that there's no Green Lantern Corps", and it's one of my definitive 90s Comics Stinkers. That's just the concept, mind you. The series had some fun to it.

Scott

Scott

I understand what you're saying. But I think Kyle needed to be the only GL at the time to get acceptance from the fans and Beau Smith did a great job taking Guy away and providing some very entertaining stories as a Vuldarian. Great stuff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum