The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's official, this is now THE LanternCast Forum.

+7
Meg
DaoFAQ
Geof
gland
Arduousandy
Scott
choanata
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

choanata

Admin

I had set this forum up as a temporary solution a while ago, a place to congregate when the main forum went down. Well, the old forums are not coming back, ever. CGS has started a new forum, but they are unable to host the multitude of forums they once did. So here we are, starting over on our own.

Most of the regulars have been here before, and we gladly welcome all new members as well! I've modified the look a little to help the transition from the old to the new. Any suggestions would be appreciated too!

Off we go on a bold new adventure!

Scott

Scott

I'm a new member and I'm looking forward to keeping in contact with you guys here.

Is there any way you can import the old threads? You have such a history there and it would suck to lose all of it.

choanata

Admin

No, we lost everything. The company hosting the forums just shut them down abruptly, so we lost lost everything.

Arduousandy

Your saying we can't go back there? Cause I kinda left my wallet back there

choanata

Admin

I hope that wallet didn't mean much to you. It's gone. There's no going back. The company that ran it crushed it, set it on fire and pissed on the ashes. Then doused with lots of water so that unlike a Phoenix, it could never be reborn.

Arduousandy

Damn my wife is gonna be pissed. Oh well back to draw something

Scott

Scott

Keep up the great work guys. Time to start a new chapter here.

gland

gland

choanata wrote:I hope that wallet didn't mean much to you. It's gone. There's no going back. The company that ran it crushed it, set it on fire and pissed on the ashes. Then doused with lots of water so that unlike a Phoenix, it could never be reborn.

...and salted the earth so nothing could ever grow again What a Face

Geof

Geof

affraid

Nobody tell Chad jocolor

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

Oh well, que sera, sera and C'est la vie

11It's official, this is now THE LanternCast Forum. Empty Suggestion Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:36 am

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

Actually, I do have a suggestion. This is sort of a folder within a folder within a folder and the first two just contain the next one. let's just fix that and have the forum in the "The Lanterncast Forum!" part.

Here's a diagram:

The Lanterncast Forum! > The Main Forum > Lanterncast!

turned into

The Lanterncast Forum!

choanata

Admin

I was trying to fix that, but this forum works on the idea that you start with a main menu first. My advice is to just bookmark the main forum si you skip that part. We may need that menu in the long run, in case Dan ever starts a second podcast dedicated to pie and the eating of pie, we can build him a forum very easily.

Arduousandy

I'm intrigued on this pie eating podcast. Will it be video ?

choanata

Admin

I think it would have to be.

gland

gland

piepiepiepiepie
bounce bounce bounce

Meg

Meg

*peeks in*
Hellooo there. Making the transition. Wooo.

Different name is... different. XD

http://coruscat.tumblr.com

gland

gland

Who the hell is MEGarita :p

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

megarita wrote:*peeks in*

Tell me about it, it took a few years but I finally got the Forum name I wanted. Smile

gland

gland

Odinson83 wrote:
megarita wrote:*peeks in*

Tell me about it, it took a few years but I finally got the Forum name I wanted. Smile

Ha! Rolling Eyes

choanata

Admin

Did someone actually have that name already on the other forum?

gland

gland

No, he wanted to change his name to it, but there was feet-dragging on the admin side.

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

And all I had to do was secretly make the company hosting the old forums shut down. MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Twisted Evil

DoctorDoom

We're back!

Jay Kay

Jay Kay

Y'all ain't rid of me yet. Twisted Evil

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

Well, I have to admit, after the last few times the forums went down and it would take a week or so to get back up, I was actually hoping the old forum would get ditched.

Wasn't quite expecting the whole "scorched earth" thing, but oh well.

Now the question becomes, how active will I be on the other "new" forums? I'm already signed up with this one, so it was just a matter of logging in... but I don't know if I have any enthusiasm for setting up another account over there.

I'm not ruling it out... but I'm in no hurry to jump in, either. Maybe I'll just relax here for a while.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum