The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LanternCast Episode #173 – Green Lantern Corps 21-23!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

Chad and Mark continue their rapid fire game of current issue catch up by covering Green Lantern Corps #21-23! Salaak steps down! Legion of Super-Heroes tangents! Predator, the cosmic peeping Tom! Chad knows SCIENCE?! All of this and LISTENER FEEDBACK! Edited by our EPIC producer James Doyle! Call our voicemail number at 708-LANTERN!

Music by Dan Sondak, from the Graphic Audio presentation of ‘Hero’s Quest’!

Download Episode #173 Here!

Last edited by cage_narleigh on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.lanterncast.com

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

I really liked these three issues. I will readily admit though that that is probably because I'm a total sucker for romantic stuff.

I like that John isn't trying to rush into anything right away with Fatality, he obviously cares about her in some capacity. I think he is worried what their relationship might mean for them and how they could both be seriously hurt, both physically and emotionally, because of the nature of who they both are in relation to their Lantern duties and their shared history together up to this point. Was anyone else thinking that it looked like they were holding hands on the second page of issue 21?

Something else I was thinking about while listening to this episode: I think it is a safe enough assumption that after War of the Green Lanterns the Entities went back to inhabiting the Central Batteries for the most part, Predator being an obvious exception, so does that mean that Larfleeze's battery has less of an all-consuming hold on him? I also just this instant realized the symbolism of Proselyte being an underwater organism and the Indigo light being naturally channelled by the water on Nok.

Ironically I was looking up the Durlans a few days ago, their planet was engulfed in a nuclear holocaust but they survived because of their natural shape-shifting abilities, which is why they were able to dismantle the reactor core without any protection. By the time that the nuclear radiation had receded enough for it to be considered safe, the live young were already affected by the radiation and no one could remember their original shape. Pre-New 52 they usually appeared as a mass of dark green tentacles under hooded cloaks. It looked like they were wearing transparent clothing for some reason in these issues, well they really looked more like transparent wrappings actually. btw, Chameleon Boy is from a sub-group of Durlans who were spared the nuclear war because Brainiac had already miniaturized them before that and were implied to lead the species to their place among the United Planets. Fun fact, Chameleon Boy's dad contracted some Fever and it locked him in his human looking form, which was weird because I learned about the Legion mostly from the TV show I found it weird when Cham Boy called him Dad even though he looked human.

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

DaoFAQ wrote:Fun fact, Chameleon Boy's dad contracted some Fever and it locked him in his human looking form, which was weird because I learned about the Legion mostly from the TV show I found it weird when Cham Boy called him Dad even though he looked human.

Isn't Cham's father R.J. Brande? The founder of the Legion?

http://www.lanterncast.com

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

cage_narleigh wrote:
DaoFAQ wrote:Fun fact, Chameleon Boy's dad contracted some Fever and it locked him in his human looking form, which was weird because I learned about the Legion mostly from the TV show I found it weird when Cham Boy called him Dad even though he looked human.

Isn't Cham's father R.J. Brande? The founder of the Legion?

RJ Brande is his name in his human form, although Durlans apparently don't normally take names, and his real name is Ren Daggle. He left Durla after his wife, Chameleon Boy's mom, died and he himself contracted Yorggian Fever.

Corwin

Corwin

I'm not done listening to the episode so I haven't read the above posts...

Chad would you say you're missing an emotional tether to these GLC issues?

Huuuuhhhh?  Huuuhhhh?  See what I did there?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum