You are not connected. Please login or register

Lanterncast: Episode 135 - Green Lantern Vs Aliens!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

In honor of Prometheus hitting movie theaters soon, we tackle Green Lantern Vs Aliens to be nice and timely! Oh wait, Prometheus came out a month ago? Yes, I suppose that would fit more with our style. Oh well. At least we have Corwin on to help us out. And while we’re at it, we spoil Prometheus COMPLETELY, but only after the comic talk. Then, since we’re alergic to short episodes, we fill out the rest of this 3 hour opus with a Larfleeze Report with Chad. Excelsior! Edited by the Epic LanternCast Producer, James Doyle! Call our voicemail number at 708-LANTERN!

Music by Desinu – “Green Ice”!

Download Episode #135 Here!

View user profile
Sweet! Thanks guys I'll stop bugging you now!

View user profile
Haha! I just downloaded it on itunes and read your description "because one guy requested it!"

You're definitely a podcast of the people, for the people, by the people (btw even in Canada we know your famous American quotes...).

View user profile
Blume wrote:You're definitely a podcast of the people, for the people, by the people (btw even in Canada we know your famous American quotes...).

I'm glad someone does. I didn't even know how many people are on Mount Rushmore!

View user profile
gland wrote:
Blume wrote:You're definitely a podcast of the people, for the people, by the people (btw even in Canada we know your famous American quotes...).

I'm glad someone does. I didn't even know how many people are on Mount Rushmore!

Half a dozen. Count Chocula, Yogi Bear and Jiminy Cricket. Then it's their faces a second time starring in horror at something off in the distance, as if the second set of faces was from the future and could see the fall of man.

View user profile
"Kyle has another dead girlfriend". That's great stuff Gland.

View user profile
I win!

View user profile
Another one bites the dust!

Also I think it would have been much better if the Xenomorph Aliens infeted the GLC aliens so that right after Kyle got his ring back he had to confront a four armed alien (saalak), an alien with Rock hard skin (brik), etc. This would have actually givin him a challenge and really taken away his choice in killing the aliens.

View user profile
That would've ruined what they were going for. This whole story revolved around the question of weather you need to kill, or if there's a better way. Hal opted to take the non-lethal path, and everything was fine...for a while. His actions allowed Crow's crew to die ten years later. So when Kyle's faced with the same decision, what does he do? Does he go with his original plan, and neutralize the situation in a non-lethal way? He makes a big point of saying that the ring makes it so he doesn't have to kill them. But history says different. Kyle pulled the trigger because he looked around at all the dead Lanterns and crewmen, and remembered that this wasn't the first time, and knew this wouldn't be the last. How many years would it take for another set of unlucky people to stumble onto the Aliens that Kyle puts somewhere?

That's what this story was about.

View user profile
I agree with Dan that what John is suggesting wasn't the story they wanted to tell. However, I don't necessarily disagree that it would have been a different, better story had they gone that route. I mean really, it's a story that doesn't count, out of continuity. So does it REALLY matter if Kyle makes a decision to wipe out an entire species? Not really, since in-continuity Kyle might never do that.

It comes down to whether you want an thoughtful tale questioning how far Kyle would go in regards to cold blooded murder, or if you want a fun action packed romp where Kyle has to face deadly Xenomorph/GLC hybrids.

But honestly? I think if we got the latter, there might have been a sequel. With the story we got, nobody even cared if they made a sequel.

View user profile
choanata wrote:It comes down to whether you want an thoughtful tale questioning how far Kyle would go in regards to cold blooded murder, or if you want a fun action packed romp where Kyle has to face deadly Xenomorph/GLC hybrids.

But honestly? I think if we got the latter, there might have been a sequel. With the story we got, nobody even cared if they made a sequel.

I completely disagree. In fact, my lack of enjoyment of this story has always come from the fact that I went in wanting a fun action story, but didn't get one at all.

View user profile
gland wrote:
choanata wrote:It comes down to whether you want an thoughtful tale questioning how far Kyle would go in regards to cold blooded murder, or if you want a fun action packed romp where Kyle has to face deadly Xenomorph/GLC hybrids.

But honestly? I think if we got the latter, there might have been a sequel. With the story we got, nobody even cared if they made a sequel.

I completely disagree. In fact, my lack of enjoyment of this story has always come from the fact that I went in wanting a fun action story, but didn't get one at all.


What are you disagreeing with? I said the same thing as you. That's my point. If they had gone the fun action route, it might have been worlds better. People might have liked it so much, it may have warranted a sequel.

View user profile
I thought you said the thing that's not that.

View user profile
well I think the storyline as lacking no matter what. So a GL vs Aliens story would have been better if it was a fun action story with some events like the ones I mentioned. As is, it sucks, so at the very least they should have done something different.

Also I havn't seen Prometheus but I think that seeding Earth could have been thier way of reproducing and that the base humans may have killed one of thier children. If they are an asexual species then seeding other planets would make since to help with genetic diversity, seeing as each planet would evolve different characteristics.

View user profile
Listened to this yesterday.

The problem I have with superheroes crossing over with Aliens is that they always lose their damn powers. (Batman does not count, as he has no powers to lose)

Superman vs Aliens, and later Predators? Lost his powers? Green Lantern? Self explanatory.

Sure, I guess if you don't want the story to be over quickly, something has to be done. But still... I don't know.

View user profile
Superman lost his powers in those stories?

View user profile
Turns out Alien venom is just like Kryptonite. Only more magical, so it's even more deadly.

I don't actually know.

View user profile
gland wrote:Superman lost his powers in those stories?

Just a guess but the planet the Aliens were on probably had a red sun.

View user profile
gland wrote:Superman lost his powers in those stories?

In Aliens, the story took place somewhere far from a sun.

As for Predators... I didn't read it. It was just advertised as Superman having to fight without his powers. Clearly, a great selling point.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum