The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread!

+3
Scott
choanata
EarthGBilly
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Azreon

What if someone was neither alive or dead could the black ring effect them

52Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 3 Empty Re: Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:15 am

choanata

Admin

If we're talking sentient robots, then no, the ring would have no power over them, and as long as they don't have an emotion chip, Black Lanterns wouldn't even be able to see them. But if we're talking about Stel, the robot Green Lantern, he would no doubt find some new way to get disassembled, like he always does.

Azreon

Gotta love stel that poor bastard has died more times than I can count what if he feels the pain of being disassembled each time oh god

54Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 3 Empty Re: Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:58 am

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

Time to stir the pot with some random subjects:

1.)  Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 3 2013-09-15-batfleck-530x397

Batfleck! - By now, surely everyone knows that Ben Affleck will be donning the cape and cowl for the Man of Steel sequel.  Although I'm not a huge fan of Mr. Affleck, I also have nothing big against him, either.  Plus, his portrayal of George Reeves in Hollywoodland gives me great hope in him pulling off a brooding hero.  We can only hope that they do not cast Jennifer Garner as Catwoman, thus giving the makers of this film the ability to recreate the dance-fight scene from Daredevil.

2.)  Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 3 Larfleeze-2-600x338

Larfleeze - I'm enjoying the solo book, but not loving it.  This is my last regular monthly dose from the GL universe, so I'm hesitant to drop it.
3.)  Back to Man of Steel - Anyone else find it odd that they decided to go with Batman?  Batman is a pretty well established film character, a shoe-in draw for audiences.  Wouldn't it have been more prudent to use the Man of Steel sequel to bolster another member of the Justice League, prepping for a solo film?  I think I would have used Wonder Woman, because even Marvel hasn't managed to get a solid solo outing from a female superhero so far.  

Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 3 Wonder_woman_new

After that, I'd have gone with Aquaman or Martian Manhunter.  Then Flash.  Even bringing Green Lantern would have been good, to sorta remind folks that have dismissed that first movie.  Batman is a bit of a waste.

4.)  Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 3 23.1

DC's 3D covers - Okay, I'm the first to say that I hate money grabs, and I complained about this one from the moment I heard about it.  I ended up ordering three of them (two from Wonder Woman and the Justice Leage one with Dial E, since I was reading Dial H up until it was cancelled), and grumbled the whole time.  I got the first one with my last DCBS shipment, Wonder Woman with the Cheetah cover.  This thing is really incredible.  This 3D effect is absolutely the most advance I've seen.  I'm dumbfounded by the depth within the cover AND how thin they actually were able to make it.  I pulled this thing out of my read pile multiple times before ever reading a word from it, just to look at the cover.  It looks like you can run your finger under some of the images.  It immediately made me think, wow... I wish I had ordered more of these.  I then IMMEDIATELY slapped myself, because this is STILL a money grab gimmick, and there is no reason for me to pay four bucks a book for titles I'm not reading just for the covers.  That said... if DC were offering mini posters of these in the 3D, I'd probably pay a couple of bucks each for them.

5.)  As a Star Trek fan that has never gotten into Star Wars, I never needed a real reason to avoid any of the Star Wars films, but, if I did, the rumors that Freddie Prinze, Jr. is in talks for the next one is enough.  (Freddie Prinze, Jr. is the Judd Winnick of films.)

6.)  Gotham - Commissioner Gordon gets his own show!  If this in any way is as good as the short-lived GCPD comic, I'll be uber-thrilled.  If this is more in line with Smallville (which the name kinda suggests), I'll be uber-crushed.  It is going to be going to Fox instead of the CW, which gives me a bit of hope... but the CW is the home of Arrow, which I am thoroughly enjoying (despite it looking like it is about a superhero that doesn't fight crime because he spends all his time doing ab-crunches).  I'm hoping for the best, but fearing the worst on this one.

7.)  Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - I enjoyed the initial episode a lot.  It is a bit clunky, and I could do without a few of the characters, but Whedon has a great record of character development (insert your own joke about killing characters here), so I'm hoping that the show will hit its stride pretty quick.

8.)  Though I lived through it, it is hard to believe this was Batman for a while...

Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 3 Batmanarkhamoriginsps3knightfall

Discuss!

55Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 3 Empty Re: Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:41 am

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

Hey, hypothetically, what would everyone think of Doug Jones playing Salaak?

Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 3 .GREEN-LANTERN-DOUG-JONES-SALAKK-ACTOR-SILVER-SURFER-HELLBOY-ACTOR-HOLLYWOOD-LEEE777

Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 3 Glsector27

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum