The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20!

+5
choanata
EarthGBilly
Merlin's Android
gland
Corwin
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! - Page 2 Empty Re: Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:46 pm

DoctorDoom

Way I figure it, JMS will take Hal on a space walk through the entire sector. A space walk JMS won't finish.

And neither will the readers. Very Happy

27Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! - Page 2 Empty Re: Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:28 pm

Scott

Scott

Well all I have to say about the whole thing is I hope the new writers make Green Lantern more fun again. I just read Green Lantern Corps #17 and I felt like committing suicide. What a dark dark issue......

28Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! - Page 2 Empty Re: Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:29 am

gland

gland

They made it official, here's the new creative teams:

Green Lantern
Robert Venditti and Billy Tan

Green Lantern Corps
Joshua Hale Fialkov and Bernard Chang

Green Lantern: New Guardians
Justin Jordan and Brad Walker

Red Lanterns
Joshua Hale Fialkov and Alessandro Vitti

Larfleeze
Keith Giffen and Scott Kolins

...is Larfleeze getting his own book, or are they referring to the Threshold backup continuing? Time will tell.

Also, Larfleeze aside, I have never read anything written by ANY of those people, so I can't really be happy or unhappy about any of those names.

29Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! - Page 2 Empty Re: Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:22 am

Merlin's Android

Merlin's Android

I don't know most of these creators but here's to hoping Larfleeze gets his own book. Very Happy

30Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! - Page 2 Empty Re: Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Corwin

Corwin

He's getting his own book but I'm not happy about having 5 Lantern books...especially with the quality they've been at lately...

31Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! - Page 2 Empty Re: Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:27 am

gland

gland

I don't like it, but at least I have a lot of it! :p

...and who knows, maybe this could turn it all around!

32Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! - Page 2 Empty Re: Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:55 pm

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

How terrible is it that I have moved from the idea of "good, a fresh touch" to "good, a jumping off point"?

It isn't even that I have anything against the new creative teams...

33Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! - Page 2 Empty Re: Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Corwin

Corwin

EarthGBilly wrote:How terrible is it that I have moved from the idea of "good, a fresh touch" to "good, a jumping off point"?

That's the sad part...every jumping on point is also a jumping off point.

And adding a fifth title isn't helping things any. They should have released the usual 4, prove their good books then launch the 5th.

34Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! - Page 2 Empty Re: Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:33 pm

gland

gland

They had a really good stretch with issues 13-15, I don't think I gave a pass to anything for three months. It just sucks that they stumbled again after that.

EarthGBilly wrote:How terrible is it that I have moved from the idea of "good, a fresh touch" to "good, a jumping off point"?

Hey, I tried dropping Red Lanterns a little while ago, but this dumb show kept me locked in. Escape while you can! Tell the outside world I need help!

35Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! - Page 2 Empty Re: Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:09 pm

choanata

Admin

Red Lanterns is like getting a tack stuck in your foot, and then keeping it in despite the pain. There is no sane reason for it. You just do it.

36Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! - Page 2 Empty Re: Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:43 am

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

choanata wrote:Red Lanterns is like getting a tack stuck in your foot, and then keeping it in despite the pain. There is no sane reason for it. You just do it.

This is perhaps the most incredibly accurate description of Red Lanterns ever.

37Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! - Page 2 Empty Re: Geoff Johns leaving GL with issue #20! Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74

I have no idea about these new creative teams. I never read anything that the writers have done so I'm a bit aprehensive about this overall. I'm sad that Johns is leaving but maybe it's time for new creative teams with new ideas and concepts being introduced. Overall, I just want good Green Lantern stories. Hopefully we'll see that and the changes won't affect the quality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum