The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lanterncast: Fun Facts and Promises!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lanterncast: Fun Facts and Promises! Empty Lanterncast: Fun Facts and Promises! Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:07 am

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

So, as you may or may not be aware, I'm the shows HISTORIAN. I got this esteemed position by having no life and listening and re-listening and re-listening and re-re-listening to every available episode of the show. Well, recently I started another run through the episodes (I think this is like the 7th time or something) with the sole intention of keeping track of two things: Fun facts about the show & things we promised we'd cover at some point.

Well, here is the first installment of my findings so far:

Lanterncast Fun Facts:

Firestorm (One of Chad's Favorite Characters) was mentioned in Episode Zero

Jims first Green Lantern comic was issue #46 featuring Mongul prior to 'Emerald Twilight' and Dans first Green Lantern comic was issue #51 (just after 'Emerald Twilight') featuring Mongul.

The Lanterncasts first episode (Episode #0) was recorded a few days after the release of the 'Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns' issue (the first issue of Green Lantern that Chad bought and started his Green Lantern collection at)

Jim predicts the future and says, "I don't think future me is going to know how to use recording software either," in Episode #0

The first piece of fan mail addressed on air was from now Program Director Jason Grice!

Episode #4 The Lanterncast begins what will become a tradition: begging to get Geoff Johns on the show. This historic run of pleading begins with an invite on behalf of Dan for Geoff to attend a barbeque.

Episode #4 the guys first discover and adore the coloring work of Nei Ruffino on air.

Contest Episode #1: Jim launches a contest that still continues to this day. He will give a $25 'In Stock Trades' gift certificate to the Lanterncast listener who gets the show our first interview with Geoff Johns. The same goes for the individual who somehow gets us an interview with Alan Moore.

Lanterncast PROMISES Made:

Episode #0: "We should cover Ganthets Tale..."
(UPHELD: Episode #85)

Episode #1/2: "We will give you an updated catch up episode in a year..."
(HASN'T HAPPENED)

Episode #1: "We'll cover Booster Gold #2 at some point..."
(HASN'T HAPPENED)

Episode #1: "At some point we will cover 'Emerald Dawn'..."
(WAS RECORDED BUT LOST AND NEVER RE-RECORDED)

That's it so far! I'll keep posting as I go along...hopefully this is fun for you too!

http://www.lanterncast.com

2Lanterncast: Fun Facts and Promises! Empty Re: Lanterncast: Fun Facts and Promises! Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:19 pm

Corwin

Corwin

Can I be on the Emerald Dawn eps? I don't think actually read them...

3Lanterncast: Fun Facts and Promises! Empty Re: Lanterncast: Fun Facts and Promises! Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:36 pm

choanata

Admin

Did we at least cover Emerald Dawn 2?

4Lanterncast: Fun Facts and Promises! Empty Re: Lanterncast: Fun Facts and Promises! Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:06 pm

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

choanata wrote:Did we at least cover Emerald Dawn 2?

No

http://www.lanterncast.com

5Lanterncast: Fun Facts and Promises! Empty Re: Lanterncast: Fun Facts and Promises! Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 pm

Scott

Scott

This is a great thread Chad. Let's keep this one going for a long time.

I think some Lanterncast t-shirts were mentioned on the previous forum early this year that I haven't heard about since.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum