The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OT: Young Justice

+4
choanata
gland
DaoFAQ
Corwin
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OT: Young Justice Empty OT: Young Justice Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Corwin

Corwin

Seems like John and Hal made a brief appearance in Young Justice this past Saturday...funny thing is someone tried to vote Guy in and both Hal and John jumped to say "NO!".

LOL, guy gets no love...1:25 into the clip...

Did I mention how much I love this cartoon?

2OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:00 am

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

This is even more off topic but does anyone else feel too much like they're watching Bulkhead from Transformers: Prime whenever they watch Kilowog on the Green Lantern Animated Series? I bring this up because I can clearly hear their voice actor when John and Hal say NO (assume he plays John)

Here's a clip of Bulkhead:

3OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:15 am

gland

gland

This show is fantastic. Well, Young Justice, never seen Transformers Prime, though that clip makes it look pretty good. But Young Justice...if this show gets the chance to go on a few more years, it'll go down in history as a JL/U level DC Universe series. It's fantastic.

Also, I don't know I've ever herd of Bulkhead before, but I think I now like Bulkhead.

4OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:22 am

Corwin

Corwin

gland wrote:This show is fantastic. Well, Young Justice, never seen Transformers Prime, though that clip makes it look pretty good. But Young Justice...if this show gets the chance to go on a few more years, it'll go down in history as a JL/U level DC Universe series. It's fantastic.

Also, I don't know I've ever herd of Bulkhead before, but I think I now like Bulkhead.

So it's a bad thing that I never really watched JL/U?

5OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:24 am

gland

gland

Watch JL/U, Carwin. Watch JL/U.

6OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:30 am

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

gland wrote:Also, I don't know I've ever herd of Bulkhead before, but I think I now like Bulkhead.

Then you should also hear Panthro on the new Thundercats, it's like seeing into three parallel universes that reflect a 80s child's dreams.

Panthro:

gland wrote:Watch JL/U, Carwin. Watch JL/U.

WATCH JLU!!!!!

7OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:58 am

choanata

Admin

You totally called him Carwin.

I'm shocked John isn't here for this thread yet!

The voice thing gets to me a little, as I love Thundercats and have been quickly catching up with the GL cartoon, and Kilowog and Panthro are exactly the same. But other than that, they are great.

8OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:54 am

Corwin

Corwin

choanata wrote:

People with an West Indian accent usually pronounce my name like that...LOL.

9OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:22 am

choanata

Admin

Corwin wrote:
choanata wrote:

People with an West Indian accent usually pronounce my name like that...LOL.

It's ok Corwin. You don't have to make excuses for him, lol.

10OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:54 pm

gland

gland

Hey, don't make fun of my West Indian accent!

I think it's funny, though, that I mushed his name with the word CAR after watching a Transformers clip.

11OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Jay Kay

Jay Kay

Corwin wrote:So it's a bad thing that I never really watched JL/U?

Yes. Yes, it is. You should really go and fix that, like, right now.

12OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:42 pm

DeepBlueZ

DeepBlueZ

That scene was AMAZING, I laughed so hard. It really spotlights what YJ is doing so well as a show, and that is building a real depth of character in the animated DCU that, in my opinion, eclipses JL/U. The JL shows covered lots of ground and opened the door for tons of characters to get their first animated treatment, but YJ is getting a lot more into the characters, how they relate to each other, and how they develop. John Stewart has only said a few words, and Hal and Guy haven't spoken at all, but in that one little scene we learn a great deal about how the GLs in this universe relate, and thankfully it's pretty much what we would expect. Kind of interesting though, given Guy's extensive League history (longer than John's, really), that in this world he's never been a member. Still dig the take on his costume.
Here we also have confirmation that it's just them - given what we've seen so far, I think it's safe to assume that Kyle Rayner is in High School art class somewhere. But given the tweaks they've given to characters like Zatanna, it would be awesome if they found a way to bring him in over the course of the series, even if it was just a one time deal.
The voice actor is Kevin Michael Richardson, and he is incredibly prolific. He's Kilowog and has done several additional voices on GL:TAS, Martian Manhunter and Nabu/Dr. Fate on Young Justice, Bulkhead on TF: Prime, and Panthro in Thundercats. Honestly, I was a little disappointed in his casting as Kilowog because I feel like he's a little overexposed for the range that he has (he does deep and resonating... and that's about it). I liked Michale Madsen in First Flight a little more (even though he didn't get to do anything) and was surprised by how Henry Rollins did in Emerald Knights. That said, his voice seems pretty well suited for how they're writing the character, and I love that he gets to play partner in this series.

13OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:36 am

GLKitteh

choanata wrote:

I'm shocked John isn't here for this thread yet!

The voice thing gets to me a little, as I love Thundercats and have been quickly catching up with the GL cartoon, and Kilowog and Panthro are exactly the same. But other than that, they are great.

I haven't had anything to say yet, lol

14OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:41 am

GLKitteh

DeepBlueZ wrote:That scene was AMAZING, I laughed so hard. It really spotlights what YJ is doing so well as a show, and that is building a real depth of character in the animated DCU that, in my opinion, eclipses JL/U. The JL shows covered lots of ground and opened the door for tons of characters to get their first animated treatment, but YJ is getting a lot more into the characters, how they relate to each other, and how they develop. John Stewart has only said a few words, and Hal and Guy haven't spoken at all, but in that one little scene we learn a great deal about how the GLs in this universe relate, and thankfully it's pretty much what we would expect. Kind of interesting though, given Guy's extensive League history (longer than John's, really), that in this world he's never been a member. Still dig the take on his costume.
Here we also have confirmation that it's just them - given what we've seen so far, I think it's safe to assume that Kyle Rayner is in High School art class somewhere. But given the tweaks they've given to characters like Zatanna, it would be awesome if they found a way to bring him in over the course of the series, even if it was just a one time deal.
The voice actor is Kevin Michael Richardson, and he is incredibly prolific. He's Kilowog and has done several additional voices on GL:TAS, Martian Manhunter and Nabu/Dr. Fate on Young Justice, Bulkhead on TF: Prime, and Panthro in Thundercats. Honestly, I was a little disappointed in his casting as Kilowog because I feel like he's a little overexposed for the range that he has (he does deep and resonating... and that's about it). I liked Michale Madsen in First Flight a little more (even though he didn't get to do anything) and was surprised by how Henry Rollins did in Emerald Knights. That said, his voice seems pretty well suited for how they're writing the character, and I love that he gets to play partner in this series.

We talked about on our podcast about how we think there is a chance (even a slim one) that either Guy could end up helping the team (or maybe just hanging out with Superboy) at come point. And there is an even smaller chance that Kyle could end up joining the team. If the GL animated series wasn't on I would think it woudl be higher for both of these but I could see them not wanting to "confuse" the "kids" watching these shows.

I think most of the voice acting and character choices are fine for the show(s), and I think Kevin Richardson does a fine job in all these rolls. The only one I hate is Brent Spiner as Joker in YJ...

15OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:23 pm

gland

gland

Wasn't there some "big" hoopla last year about fans finding out that Kyle wasn't being considered to appear in the GL cartoon? That should make him fair game for YJ.

16OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:43 pm

GLKitteh

gland wrote:Wasn't there some "big" hoopla last year about fans finding out that Kyle wasn't being considered to appear in the GL cartoon? That should make him fair game for YJ.

True, but they would have to either make him around as old as the other GLs, explain why there are 4 Earth lanterns (they will problably gloss over this like usual) or have to explain why a teen has a ring (they could just say he is one of the current lanterns sidekicks. They could give him a weaker ring that is a duplicate of one of the existing GLs, or somethign like that).

17OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:12 pm

Corwin

Corwin

GLKitteh wrote:
gland wrote:Wasn't there some "big" hoopla last year about fans finding out that Kyle wasn't being considered to appear in the GL cartoon? That should make him fair game for YJ.

True, but they would have to either make him around as old as the other GLs, explain why there are 4 Earth lanterns (they will problably gloss over this like usual) or have to explain why a teen has a ring (they could just say he is one of the current lanterns sidekicks. They could give him a weaker ring that is a duplicate of one of the existing GLs, or somethign like that).

Very true...a young Kyle would work great. Then Robin could get jealous that Wally has a new bud...

18OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:28 pm

GLKitteh

Corwin wrote:
GLKitteh wrote:

Very true...a young Kyle would work great. Then Robin could get jealous that Wally has a new bud...

Or even better... He could hit on Zatanna!

19OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:56 pm

gland

gland

Hell, the ring selecting someone so young could be the reason he joins the team. The ring picks him, just some kid...the Guardians decide to let it go, see what happens, so they put Guy in charge of him (partly as punishment, partly to try and teach Guy to be more responsible). Guy pulls some strings, dumps Kyle in YJ, and pops in every now and then to do the guest-teacher thing.

And if Zatanna has taught us anything, we should welcome age-altering with open arms Smile

20OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Corwin

Corwin

gland wrote:Hell, the ring selecting someone so young could be the reason he joins the team. The ring picks him, just some kid...the Guardians decide to let it go, see what happens, so they put Guy in charge of him (partly as punishment, partly to try and teach Guy to be more responsible). Guy pulls some strings, dumps Kyle in YJ, and pops in every now and then to do the guest-teacher thing.

And if Zatanna has taught us anything, we should welcome age-altering with open arms Smile

OK DC Nation, make it happen and send each of us a check.

21OT: Young Justice Empty Re: OT: Young Justice Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Meg

Meg

*creeps in way late to the party, as usual*

I'm just going to say, as I have said to John before and will continue to say... if Kyle is ever on YJ... I will probably flip out and do a happy dance. /bias for Mr. Rayner? Showing.

I agree though, they de-aged Zatanna (which I didn't like at first but now can't imagine the team without her!) and it would be pretty cool to have a GL on the team. He could eve be the "oldest" if it's such a big deal. I mean... older teens wouldn't be too bad, right?

I would just like to see Kyle on the show. If this wasn't apparent. I'm going to stop rambling now.

http://coruscat.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum