The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What it says on the Arab GL's arm.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What it says on the Arab GL's arm. Empty What it says on the Arab GL's arm. Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:03 pm

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

Hey everyone. I mentioned on another thread that I am of middle-eastern descent and looking forward to the Arab GL premiering in Zero Month and I was looking through Previews and finally saw the tattoo on his right forearm

الشجاعة (al-sha-jaw-at) translates to Bravery/Courage in English. The fact that he holds the gun in his left hand could be significant because in Islam, the left hand and everything associated with it is seen as unclean, This stems from the Middle Eastern custom of using the left-hand and water instead of toilet paper and, more recently, of using the left hand to hold toilet paper for the same function. This is the origin of the term "cack-handed". Those from the UK, maybe you could explain that term better than I can. It could mean that he sees his ring as a righteous weapon because it is generally non-lethal and he sees the gun as a less honorable choice.

The ring and gun are the right and left hand of God, to use Christian terminology.

2What it says on the Arab GL's arm. Empty Re: What it says on the Arab GL's arm. Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:40 am

gland

gland

That makes for something interesting to think about, since I recently read an interview or article or quite possibly a San Diago panel where it was said he carries a gun because he doesn't like trusting a weapon that only runs on energy. So the unfavorable hand wielding the unfavorable weapon, which is more preferable to the radiant weapon on the more godly hand. Maybe a case of the devil you know being preferable to the devil you don't?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum