The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

first full, finished, published shot of Alan Scott in his New 52 costume (NO SPOILERS)

+4
EarthGBilly
GLKitteh
Scott
gland
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gland

gland

first full, finished, published shot of Alan Scott in his New 52 costume (NO SPOILERS) Gl2

There we go. Thoughts?

Scott

Scott

I actually quite liked it. A modernized Alan Scott costume that's pretty stylish.

GLKitteh

Just like Flash, I would liek it more if it kept some of the design elements. Like at the very least they could have a Green Cape, maybe in the cut of the old one.

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

Oh... that's... that's green.

When Joe Prado's design first turned up, it was colored like this:

first full, finished, published shot of Alan Scott in his New 52 costume (NO SPOILERS) Green-Lantern-Alan-Scott-Earth-2-Joe-Prado-design

Which led to my complaint that the costume was too much like the standard GLC costume in my eyes, with just the green and black.

But now with just the green tones... well, honestly, the first thing I thought of?

first full, finished, published shot of Alan Scott in his New 52 costume (NO SPOILERS) 191165249_cc1cc6defe

The Green Guardsmen, who served as the Alan Scott stand-in in the JLU cartoon.

I just find the whole design kind of "eh." There is nothing particularly striking or original... or really memorable about this costume in my eyes.

Which is a shame, because Prado did have other designs, like this one:

first full, finished, published shot of Alan Scott in his New 52 costume (NO SPOILERS) 103yhle

Admittedly, it comes across a little "Parallax," but I do find it more interesting than what they went with.

Or, another of Prado's designs:

first full, finished, published shot of Alan Scott in his New 52 costume (NO SPOILERS) 2z74uqa

That one I really dig. Of course, in my mind, I'm coloring it like the original Alan Scott costume.

I just find the one they went with blah.

Jay Kay

Jay Kay

The original image isn't working (I find that none of Bleeding Cool's images work when you try to hotlink it. Here's the full-reveal from Earth 2 #3:

first full, finished, published shot of Alan Scott in his New 52 costume (NO SPOILERS) Tumblr_m6nf0ihe9a1rxn83fo1_1280

I dunno, I like the design, it works pretty well, I think--just enough of the old costume and the GLC uniform to make it feel like a "Green Lantern," but just different enough to be from it's own completely different mythos.

Story-wise, I LOVE how they incorporate the ring. It keeps up the part of him that made headlines but in a loving, non-tacky way.

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

Mostly out of my own curiosity, I decided to slap some color on this.

first full, finished, published shot of Alan Scott in his New 52 costume (NO SPOILERS) AlanScottAlt

Corwin

Corwin

Has any one read Earth 2 #3? Should I start a new thread?

Jay Kay

Jay Kay

Corwin wrote:Has any one read Earth 2 #3? Should I start a new thread?

I did--go for it, dude. Smile

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

I read it and have already reviewed it over at corps conjecture

corpsconjecture.blogspot.com

If you'd like to read it and drop a comment on it if appreciate it. but I'm down to discuss it here too

http://www.lanterncast.com

GLKitteh

I don't see his ring in the picture, does he still have the classic design?

gland

gland

GLKitteh wrote:I don't see his ring in the picture, does he still have the classic design?

He gets the ring right after that page. And no, it's not the classic Alan Scott ring.

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

gland wrote:
GLKitteh wrote:I don't see his ring in the picture, does he still have the classic design?

He gets the ring right after that page. And no, it's not the classic Alan Scott ring.

To be fair though, I REALLY liked the way they handled the creation of his ring.

gland

gland

The whole origin was really well done, with a connection to another DCU concept that I never expected.

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

gland wrote:The whole origin was really well done, with a connection to another DCU concept that I never expected.

If you're talking about the final page reveal, it's REALLY weird but I TOTALLY saw that coming...but was SUPER excited with each page turn anyways....

choanata

Admin

I think he's referring more to a concept, not character.

gland

gland

Yeah, no, I'm talking about something TOTALLY different.

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

Are you talking about the comparison to that one part of the oath? Or are you...

***Edited because Chad didn't realize why Dan and I were being careful about not putting spoilers in a spoiler free topic.

gland

gland

There's a certain character in the regular DC Universe that Alan Scott has a LOT in common with now, and it's someone you wouldn't expect.

Corwin

Corwin

gland wrote:The whole origin was really well done, with a connection to another DCU concept that I never expected.

EXACTLY!

Jay Kay

Jay Kay

gland wrote:There's a certain character in the regular DC Universe that Alan Scott has a LOT in common with now, and it's someone you wouldn't expect.

I'm not sure if we're thinking of the same folk DC wise, but one comparison that surprised me was to Moses. The Green Flame reminded me a lot of the Burning Bush.

gland

gland

This character currently has a series.

Corwin

Corwin

gland wrote:This character currently has a series.

...can we start a spoilerific thread now?

Jay Kay

Jay Kay

Corwin wrote:
gland wrote:This character currently has a series.

...can we start a spoilerific thread now?

Just did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum