You are not connected. Please login or register

Guys...I think something the guys have been asking for is finally happening...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

gland wrote:Jim, don't front. You liked the old Sapphire costumes because you liked looking at hot women nearly naked, and that's it.

I for one am willing to admit to that while at the same time grumbling along with everyone about how revealing they were. Since I was sort of passively oggling and actively grumbling I did want a new design while I......let's say enjoyed the old outfits.

View user profile
Odinson83 wrote:
gland wrote:Jim, don't front. You liked the old Sapphire costumes because you liked looking at hot women nearly naked, and that's it.

I for one am willing to admit to that while at the same time grumbling along with everyone about how revealing they were. Since I was sort of passively oggling and actively grumbling I did want a new design while I......let's say enjoyed the old outfits.

At the very least they were great for getting girls to cos play in...

View user profile
Ya know, sure, I do like looking at nicely drawn women. But when you get right down to it, I genuinely loved the Star Sapphire design, not based on skin showing through, but based on design. Here's a fan made alteration replacing the skin with black, and ya know what? I love that too. If that was the redesign back when Johns reintroduced the character or in New Guardians zero, I'd be plenty happy with it because it keeps the design elements.

View user profile
I'm referring to the Star Sapphire in the picture, by the way, lol.

View user profile
Yeah, that've been fine. I'd also have loved to see this fan edit be real:

Doesn't mean I'm gonna nitpick the design they DID choose to go with. Progress is progress.

View user profile
gland wrote:

Since the first time I saw this, I really liked it. Not only does it look less ridiculous, but it seems to flow with the other Corps uniforms better.

The new design? I don't know. I have a deformed color version of it from that cover, or that sketchy black & white model sheet. Hard to form an opinion based only on those. Pushed into it, though, I'd have to say I'm not exactly warming to it. I can get beyond the mask, but the "Star Bellied Sneetch" look bothers me. And, I'm pretty sure I wish the pink and black were inverted (which is what I really like about that image above).

Still, I'm in a wait and see mode. A better look is necessary.

View user profile
The thing I like about that inverted black and violet design is that it reminds me of the JLU Star Sapphire costume. I like that one more than I like the new redesign as well.

View user profile
Also, what's the deal with not liking the mask? It's actually a mask. It even looks somewhat crown-ish, since she is the queen.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum