You are not connected. Please login or register

Lanterncast: Episode 130 - April Books!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Lanterncast: Episode 130 - April Books! on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:29 pm

Jim and Dan finally get around to talking about the April books, just in time for all the June books to start hitting shelves! Green Lantern, GL Corps, New Guardians and Red Lanterns in this episode. Plus, innitial reactions to major news regarding first Green Lantern, Alan Scott! Edited by the Epic LanternCast Producer, James Doyle! Call our voicemail number at 708-LANTERN!

Music by Desinu – “Green Ice”!

Download Episode #130 Here!

View user profile

2 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 130 - April Books! on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:27 pm

Great episode guys, I'm listening to it right now. Great discussion about Oa. You're right there definitely has to be some support staff living on Oa that aren't Green Lanterns. Who cleans the toilets? Definitely not Hal Jordan that's for sure.

So does this mean episode #131 is GL vs Aliens review? hint hint.

View user profile

3 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 130 - April Books! on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:38 pm

Sorry Blume, we only have 5 people working on the podcast, so clearly not enough to remember to do things like Aliens Vs Green Lantern in a timely manner. Perhaps if we had a sixth person to keep track of stuff like that, you would have your AvsGL episode already.

But it will be coming soon.

View user profile

4 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 130 - April Books! on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:29 pm

Haha no worries. I just like bugging you guys. Keep up the great work.

View user profile

5 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 130 - April Books! on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:48 am

When it comes to Hulk in The Avengers, I honestly liked Banner better. I mean, Hulk was cool, but he was just CGI throwing shit around. Ruffalo as Banner was actually PERFORMING.

Yeah, I didn't even notice the silver in the Iron Man armor at all.

"There's probably some sort of Biblical significance to that." Yep--when God created woman, He took a rib of the first man to create her.

You know, you guys keep saying that the only things that you like about Red Lanterns are the more human-focused parts--with Jack Moore and Guy and all. If I didn't know any better, I'd think y'all were speciest. Razz

This question about people who are working on Oa makes me really want a one-off issue or even a mini-series about all the people who work to make Oa work.

And with the premise of GLC and how it's happened before, doesn't it mean that John's also in the Honor Guard?

With how one of you described the Alpha Lanterns (with a personality, but hard-wired with the law and logic), I just realized what I like about these guys: They're basically Robocops who can create constructs.

View user profile

6 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 130 - April Books! on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:21 am

...Yeah I'm backlogged on all my podcasts...

RL- I didn't even remember the line about the ship belonging to Iroque. Ironic what we find out later, if she is the one Abin saved. And wasn't the child the only survivor of the crash?

War on the Light...yes Dan...someone(s)? Have it in for all the different colored Corps...

View user profile

7 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 130 - April Books! on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:13 am

GL- Sinestro puts a whooping on an Indigo Tribe member!!!

In the Tygers story, wasn't all of the crew killed in the crash except for the child? And with what we learn about Indigo 1's past in the next few issues really twists things.

Good call on the power Ring thing Jim! But I think Hal's ring would stick around as long as it has a charge. And Sinestro could easily re-charge his ring from the battery he keeps tucked in that pocket dimension.

View user profile

8 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 130 - April Books! on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:06 pm

GLC- I've got to give it to you Dan, I'm also glad they showed the Alpha Lanterns have that meeting.

As for Batwoman, there is an older Kate Kan who is separate from the current. I think the original is like her aunt or something.

View user profile

9 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 130 - April Books! on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Corwin wrote:GLC- I've got to give it to you Dan, I'm also glad they showed the Alpha Lanterns have that meeting.

As for Batwoman, there is an older Kate Kan who is separate from the current. I think the original is like her aunt or something.

Something like that--Kathy married into the Kane family, which is Bruce's mother's side of the family.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum