The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Post your C2E2 News!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Post your C2E2 News! Empty Post your C2E2 News! Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Corwin

Corwin

Only news I've run across so far is Ethan Van Sciver is penciling GL Annual #1...

Post what you guys heard!

2Post your C2E2 News! Empty Re: Post your C2E2 News! Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:14 am

gland

gland

Yeah, the culmination of the "Revenge of Black Hand" arc. I'm looking forward to that, I'm hoping the quality of everything will be up to the Sinestro Corps Special that he and Johns did way back.

There may or may not be a Mogo beach ball Wink

...and Johns shiftily promised we'll find out the Orange oath sometime soon. Because it wouldn't be a con if he didn't.

3Post your C2E2 News! Empty Re: Post your C2E2 News! Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:31 am

Corwin

Corwin

Stolen straight from the Green Lantern Corps.com

Sneak Peek at GREEN LANTERN Annual Art by Ethan Van Sciver

Post your C2E2 News! Photo1c4d2ababf84d13346

If you read the C2E2 recap, then you know former Green Lantern artist, and not so current Firestorm writer Ethan Van Sciver is returning to lantern mythos. Ethan will be drawing an undisclosed amount of pages for the Green Lantern Annual set to release sometime this year. Below, you can check out a view of Ethan's pencils which feature Green Lantern John Stewart and a certain boy scout. Enjoy.

Post your C2E2 News! Barrywl

Post your C2E2 News! 52453625977182411709710

Post your C2E2 News! 54055026097346399693310

Post your C2E2 News! 53867626089178067176810

Gail Simone & Ethan Van Sciver Collab for GREEN LANTERN OGN?

Post your C2E2 News! Photo1c4d2ababf84d13346

Okay, let's stop and take a breath here because shit is going down. Ready? Good. Let's recap first by stating that this previous weekend was the C2E2 convention where Geoff Johns announced that former Green Lantern artist and frequent collaborator Ethan Van Sciver would be working on the upcoming Green Lantern Annual. Later in the week, Ethan Van Sciver announced his departure from his current gig as co-writer/co-artist of The Fury of Firestorm so he could "draw some GREEN LANTERN and finish this ogn that I’ve been working on." Whatever you do, don't forget that last bit.

Friday afternoon, I did some quick digging and found some awesome new Van Sciver GL art, and assumed it was for the annual. While that may still be true, we have new information that says it may not be for the annual AT ALL.

In an interview with MajorSpoilers, current Batgirl writer and former co-writer on Firestorm(with EVS), Gail Simone confirmed that the OGN(original graphic novel) that Ethan mentioned just a day before is a GREEN LANTERN (related) OGN that they are working on! Like I said before, SHIT IS GOING DOWN. Simone wouldn't provide many details about the upcoming novel but she did have this to say:

When pressed, Gail couldn't confirm if it would feature everyone's favorite asshole Guy Gardner. Though if the art Ethan posted earlier is for this OGN and not the Johns penned Annual, then we know it will feature John Stewart and Superman. On Facebook, EVS & Simone had this to say so lantern fans take this may not be exactly what it sounds like...

Post your C2E2 News! 69073325
Post your C2E2 News! 52362157

Is this OGN a potential first volume in a Green Lantern: EARTH ONE series that compliments the already released Superman and upcoming Batman volumes? Could DC be bringing their All Star line/brand back starting with GL and not Wonder Woman? Is it even a Green Lantern OGN and not just a cameo or two? Only time will tell and based on the rapid amount of information given in the last week, I don't suspect we'll be in the dark for long.

4Post your C2E2 News! Empty Re: Post your C2E2 News! Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:52 pm

gland

gland

All I know is, I hope Ethan is strictly the artist on this one, because he and Gail don't mesh as co-writers.

Also: HOLY SHIT YES I WANT A GL OGN. Especially featuring John.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum