The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Temp Forums - Activate! Form of Discussion!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

choanata

Admin

We can use this thread for general discussion till the forums come back, or start up new threads.

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

Well, since I'm pretty much off of the internet from Friday until Monday morning, I didn't even realize the forum was down until yesterday.

I'm glad you had a link to this on the LanternCast page. I just plain forgot where it was!

I'm also glad you declared this a general discussion thread, because most of my thoughts don't warrant a thread of their own.

So, in no particular order (and feel free to add your own input about any of these:

I recently began watching the American version of Being Human. I was a fan of the original British version, but once I heard that they are in the process of losing three of the four main actors on the show, I figured the clock is ticking on that version, and maybe I should get familiar with the American counterpart. I tried once before, but I was in the midst of enjoying the original, and the copy wasn't good enough (mostly due to the acting). Now? Well, it is still a lesser show, but at least it has some deviation from the original, which at least has my interest.

I watched the first episode of Alcatraz. Or, rather the first two episodes that they glued together and ran as the first episode. I was underwhelmed. Probably not gonna stick around for any further episodes, despite the enjoyment of seeing Sam Neil doing a great job as a maybe evil-guy.

Either I prefer the smileys here on the temporary forum, or I'm just happy to see something new after years of the same on the real forum. Can't decide which.

I have owned a Kindle for almost one month now. I got it for Christmas, and it is the best gift I've recieved in years. Before I owned one, I could never imagine switching over to electronic books only. Now? I can see it as a very real possibility. I'm currently carrying with me more than 80 books, from all sorts of genres. And, I haven't even begun BUYING anything yet. These were all free - a few classics, a few "try out the first book of this series free", a few "the author is offering these books free today because of a birthday/anniversary/thank you", a few new authors, a few one-day offers... it all adds up. As a voracious reader, it is a dream come true.

Random Thought of the Moment - You know, I want to develop a line of sandwich cookies in the shapes of comic book characters. I want to call them "Hereos."

That's all for now.

choanata

Admin

Did you start watching the American Being Human from the beginning or are you jumping into the new season? I think the premise looks good, but I'm hesitant about taking on any new shows. Especially shows of the must see variety. If I'm going to do that, then I'm going to invest in Fringe first.

Alcatraz did not look good to me from the previews, I think the premise is just a little too bizarre.

I guess better to call those cookies Heroes and not Horeos. Although I don't think Horeos would be a bad name for cookies shaped like naked ladies. cyclops

Spaceflash

I like Alcatraz enough to give it more episodes, but its pretty close to the bottom of my list.

If anyone is looking for new shows, try The Finder. Kilowog is in it.

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

choanata wrote:Did you start watching the American Being Human from the beginning or are you jumping into the new season? I think the premise looks good, but I'm hesitant about taking on any new shows. Especially shows of the must see variety. If I'm going to do that, then I'm going to invest in Fringe first.

I was lucky, because the entire first season was available on demand right before the second season started, so I'm caught up.

Sadly, it really is a show that builds on the previous episodes, so jumping on in the new season would probably be tough.

Of course, I know that the British version is going to try at least one more season, and they are bringing in basically an entirely new cast of characters (save the one leftover), so that version would actually be really much easier to jump into in the next season, I think. If you have BBC America, it should run there eventually.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum