The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread!

+3
Scott
choanata
EarthGBilly
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

gland

gland

EarthGBilly wrote:Just reading up on some comics news on Newsarama, and came across this *exciting* NEW character being introduced to the Batman comics - Wrath! He is the Anti-Batman, a guy just like Batman, all the skills and tech, but using them for evil!

Ooh, what a new and original idea!

Owlman
Catman
Prometheus
Wrath

Wait... that last one... sounds familiar...

Oh, that's right, Newsarama... Wrath is not a new character. He is new to the New 52, but referring to him as "the latest in what's apparently a new generation of rogues that will be creating havoc on the streets of Gotham City" certainly implies he is a new creation. He is an updated character that wasn't very interesting in the first place.

Which is especially weird considering how many new villains they actually did create in the New 52 so far.

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

Ever since I posted that image of the customized Movie Masters Guardians, I have been searching for another image of customized Guardians that I distinctly remembered seeing a while back.

And I finally found it.

I admit freely that while I had planned to do the head swaps to create a group of Movie Masters Guardians since I first noticed the heads matched in size with the (supposedly) 3 3/4" scale figures, the idea of painting the larger figures is completely inspired by this image:

Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 2 Guardians_zps2d1ef44e

Hopefully, when I get some free time, I'll finally begin my project.

28Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! Fri May 24, 2013 11:39 pm

gland

gland

Show these chumps up.

29Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:39 pm

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

Alright, an update.

This past weekend, I had a little free time, so I decided to do a quick test-run on the Guardians customs.

Pardon the crummy cell phone pics, but this is just a rough run-through, anyway.

First, after doing a couple of hot water head-pops, I discovered...

Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 2 KronaNeckPosts_zps18eb8f5d

Despite the heads being essentially the same size on the Movie Masters scale and the (supposedly) 3 3/4" scale, the neck posts to those heads doesn't come close to matching.

This isn't a huge deal, just a little extra work for me and my Dremel to bring the post down to size on the Movie Master. (The other options would be to try to enlarge the hole of the 3 3/4" heads, but there is not a lot of room for error there, or to "transplant" the post from the smaller figure, but that would make the attachment weaker.)

Side note: Funny thing about these heads - the small ones, in my opinion, are niceer than the Movie Master heads. I prefer the shade of blue on the Movie Masters, but the sculpt, paint details, and translucence of the 3 3/4" heads is better. The Movie Masters are virtually one solid paint color and the back of the head is almost as opaque as the face. As a result, I have now invested in a couple of those individually packaged 3 3/4" Kronas, so my Guardians will match.

Anyway, here is the look at the results of the first pass, paint-wise. It needs to be cleaned up and is far from perfect, but will give the general idea of what I'm going for.

Pre-paint:

Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 2 KronaNoPaint_zps24e72df5

Post-paint:

Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 2 KronaPaint_zps5a0e5235

My initial reactions: I'm thrilled. The white breaks up the red, and I think it looks much better. When all is said and done, I'm planning to have at least eight Guardians for my personal collection - the seven head transplants from the 3 3/4" figures, and one with the original Krona head. (Admittedly, I waiver to and fro when it comes to beheading Herupa, Ganthet, and Scar, as I have seen the prices these figures are going for on eBay, but that was always my intention, and I have enough plastic crap laying around that is supposedly "valuable" - I want the larger figure set more than I want the money.)

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

Superman Returns... thought it was terrible, but, oddly enough, on the cusp of what may actually be a good, new Superman film, there is one thing about Superman Returns that I still find thoroughly wonderful.

I still have the STOP THE PRESSES! mini game in my favorites, and I still play it every once in a while. It is a great little time-wasting game.

Superman Returns STOP THE PRESSES!

Still trying to beat my personal best of 162.

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

Superheroes fighting to save lives...for real.

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

I saw Pacific Rim yesterday, and it was pretty awesome.

I would say that this film is the closest thing to a really good Voltron movie as we will ever get, so, if you are a fan of Voltron (and, who would NOT be?!?), then you should absolutely go see this film.

gland

gland

It really is a good, fun movie. Can't wait to own it.

34Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 2 Empty Forever Evil Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:41 pm

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

Is anyone planning to pick up the Forever Evil series? and if so, what about it appeals to you?

I'm kind of on the fence about it.

gland

gland

Waiting for the trade. And just the core series.

...ya know, it kinda bugs me that DC is trying to have it both ways, in terms of how they do crossovers now. They've been hitting it out of the park when they put the big event in the regular series, and I really love the idea of getting a full six issue event series in like two or three months, without having to buy anything extra. THEN they jump into Forever Evil, and it's the traditional once a month core mini, with a whole slew of spinoff minis that're six issues each...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

36Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:13 pm

choanata

Admin

gland wrote:Waiting for the trade.  And just the core series.

...ya know, it kinda bugs me that DC is trying to have it both ways, in terms of how they do crossovers now.  They've been hitting it out of the park when they put the big event in the regular series, and I really love the idea of getting a full six issue event series in like two or three months, without having to buy anything extra.  THEN they jump into Forever Evil, and it's the traditional once a month core mini, with a whole slew of spinoff minis that're six issues each...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey. Not for nothing, but it's like feast or famine with events at DC. They were going one into another into another non-stop. Everybody wanted a break. So they start the New 52. And sure, within the books it's constant mini events, but it's over 2 years before you see a universe wide crossover. Yeah, we don't want constant events. But annual events build universes. I don't feel like the New 52 is cohesive because of that.

Scott

Scott

It's been almost 2 years since the New 52. What are you guys still buying monthly from DC?

I'm down to only GL, GLC, GLNG, RL and Larfleeze. I might start picking up some trades of some others if they're recommended.

choanata

Admin

I'm down to literally nothing at all Smile

Azreon

I'm sitting on the bus as I type this listening to the lanterncast and the guy sitting across from me has a green lantern shirt on

40Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:34 pm

Azreon

Listening to episode 19 why was the goosebumps theme playing during the break I mean it was awesome but why

Scott

Scott

Speaking of theme songs, have you guys noticed that the music at the end sounds like a poor man's version of the original Beverly Hills 90210 theme song?

Azreon

Now that you mention it I hear it now

Azreon

Regarding the power rings black especially one would assume you need a name and place of birth to be inducted but what if you're not in the ring database like from outside the dc multiverse what would happen?

choanata

Admin

The rings don't have a database of everyone living in their universe, or multiverse for that matter. When they invite you, it's more of a psychic connection, the ring reads from your mind who you are and where you're from.

Azreon

What if you don't know your own name or where you're from?

46Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:54 pm

choanata

Admin

Good question. Either the ring dips into your subconscious and figures it out, and you find out at the same time, or more likely the ring just buzzes with an error over those parts and then goes into the "You have been chosen" blah blah blah. I think that depends more on the writer or artist at the time. They would use it according to the story.

47Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Odds & Ends - The Miscellaneous Thread! Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:30 am

Azreon

That's what I thought its basically a computer when it doesn't know something it pulls up an error

Azreon

What ring would the Doctor get?

choanata

Admin

My gut says white... or black.

Azreon

I would have thought hope compassion or will possibly rage

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum