You are not connected. Please login or register

the June LanternSPLOSION!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 the June LanternSPLOSION!!! on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:30 pm

So...yeah...there's a thing or two coming out...

GREEN LANTERN #21
Written by ROBERT VENDITTI
Art and cover by BILLY TAN
1:25 Variant cover by RAGS MORALES
On sale JUNE 5 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Combo pack edition: $3.99 US
Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for more information.
Hal Jordan becomes the leader of the most feared and hated group in the universe: The Green Lantern Corps! New faces, new threats and a new beginning for the GREEN LANTERN monthlies!

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #21
Written by JOSHUA HALE FIALKOV
Art and cover by BERNARD CHANG
On sale JUNE 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
It’s nonstop action as the Green Lantern Corps faces attacks on Oa and Earth...and Guy Gardner is presented with a choice that could change the balance of power between the different Lantern Corps forever!

GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS #21
Written by JUSTIN JORDAN
Art by BRAD WALKER and DREW HENNESSY
Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
On sale JUNE 19 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
The Templar Guardians have been locked away for millennia, but they have a VERY clear idea of what they need to do next — and of all the Lanterns in the universe, they need Kyle Rayner’s help. So it’s a shame he wants nothing to do with them! But once he sees the strange anomaly lurking at the edge of the universe, he may have no choice but to get on board with their mission...

RED LANTERNS #21
Written by JOSHUA HALE FIALKOV
Art and cover by ALESSANDRO VITTI
On sale JUNE 26 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
It’s recruitment time for the Red Lanterns, and no one in the universe is safe...especially with the most volatile Green Lantern, Guy Gardner, suddenly in their corner! But why has Guy turned his back on his own Corps?

THRESHOLD #6
Written by KEITH GIFFEN
Art by TOM RANEY and PHIL WINSLADE
Backup story art by TIMOTHY GREEN II and JOSEPH SILVER
Cover by HOWARD PORTER
On sale JUNE 12 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
As their status as fugitives spreads throughout the universe, The Hunted head toward a confrontation with The Shepard and his flock of Sun-Eaters! And in the backup story, Star Hawkins is assigned to find the so-called “Legend”—the first-ever Hunted contestant, who most folks believe is still out there...somewhere.

LARFLEEZE #1
Written by KEITH GIFFEN
Art by SCOTT KOLINS
Cover by HOWARD PORTER
1:25 Variant cover by TYLER KIRKHAM and BATT
On sale JUNE 26 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Larfleeze, the breakout character from BLACKEST NIGHT, last seen in the pages of THRESHOLD, is back in his own solo, ongoing series—and he’s not sharing it with anyone! In his debut solo adventure, Larfleeze meets Laord of the Hunt, a pan-dimensional cosmic entity that believes all living things are prey—and he’s out to turn the universe into his own private hunting reserve! And the only thing worse than Laord is the deadly beings he can summon!

SUPERMAN #21
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art by AARON KUDER
Cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
1:25 B&W Variant cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
On sale JUNE 26 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Witness the horror of Hector Hammond as Metropolis burns! What happens when a city is taken over by a nightmare?

AME-COMI GIRLS #4
Written by JUSTIN GRAY and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
Art by EDUARDO FRANCISCO and DEREC DONOVAN
Cover by JONBOY MEYERS
On sale JUNE 5 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
In this epic issue, Power Girl and Green Lantern battle Star Sapphire while The Atom goes inside Supergirl’s brain to remove the last vestige of Brainiac! Plus: Prepare for the origin and coming of...Sinestra!

GREEN LANTERN CORPS VOL. 1: FEARSOME TP
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art by FERNANDO PASARIN, GERALDO BORGES and SCOTT HANNA
Cover by DOUG MAHNKE and CHRISTIAN ALAMY
On sale JULY 3 • 160 pg, FC, $14.99 US
In this collection of GL CORPS #1-7, Guy Gardner and John Stewart lead a squadron of Green Lanterns to fight a mysterious force marching across the space sectors and devouring not only their natural resources but their entire populations! Then, on a mission to rescue John Stewart and Vandor, Guy Gardner assembles the nastiest Green Lanterns to ever put on a ring!

GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS VOL. 1: THE RING BEARER TP
Written by TONY BEDARD
Art by TYLER KIRKHAM, BATT and HARVEY TOLIBAO
Cover by TYLER KIRKHAM and BATT
On sale JULY 31 • 160 pg, FC, $14.99 US
The New Guardians struggle with their new mission and battle the evil of Invictus in this title collecting GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS #1-7!

1:1 SCALE YELLOW LANTERN POWER BATTERY AND RING PROP REPLICA
The Oath of the Yellow Lanterns!
IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
BEWARE YOUR FEARS MADE INTO LIGHT
LET THOSE WHO TRY TO STOP WHAT'S RIGHT,
BURN LIKE HIS POWER... SINESTRO'S MIGHT!
Join the corps and spread fear across the galaxy with your very own Yellow Lantern power battery and ring!
The second in an all-new line of power batteries, featuring a brand new finish, this Yellow Lantern power battery lights up when activated by its ring!
Measuring approximately 11.5” high.
$199.95 US • On Sale August 2013
*Allocations May Occur

View user profile

2 Re: the June LanternSPLOSION!!! on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:41 pm

I've read the Ame-comi storyline, It isn't great but it is fun! You may want to get
Ame-Comi Girls issue #3 and continue from there for a bit to get the full storyline. #3 introduces Green Lantern Jade into the Ame-comi universe. Either way there are a few things you may not get from earlier storylines but nothing you can't understand along the way.

You will miss the Female Manhunters from "Ame-Comi Girls presents Power Girl" (I think its also #3)

View user profile

3 Re: the June LanternSPLOSION!!! on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:29 am

Wow. June is really the month of Green Lantern. I am curious to see what will different about Red Lanterns and Green Lantern Corps now that they have new writers. I'm most interested in the Green Lantern series and see what's going on there. I know pretty much next to nothing about any of these writers. I haven't read any of their work but I like what I read about the solicits so it sounds promising. Also. Sinestra? Razz

View user profile

4 Re: the June LanternSPLOSION!!! on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:27 pm

I know, right? The new writers are all totally new to me, so whatever's coming is completely up in the air for me. It's kind of exciting, not know what we're going to get.

...and just the idea of Sinestra reinforces to me that I always want at least a hand full of other color Lanterns to be bopping around the universe Smile

View user profile

5 Re: the June LanternSPLOSION!!! on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:22 pm

I think that is what has me most excited for the #21s of the Green Lantern books is that I have no experience of these writers so yeah. It will be such a new experience for me and I haven't had something like that in quite some time. The solicit for Green Lantern really has me intrigued. Hal Jordan is the leader of the Green Lanterns? I wonder what that means in terms of his overall status. Will he be on Oa all the time? Will he not be policing 2814? Will we ever see his family in this book?

View user profile

6 Re: the June LanternSPLOSION!!! on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:37 pm

It's a nice counterpoint to what he's been going through. He lost his ring, and desperately wanted it back because he sucks at having a normal life on Earth...now he's thrown into cosmic Lantern life deeper than he's ever been before, to the opposite extreme. And he's proooooooobably gonna hate it.

View user profile

7 Re: the June LanternSPLOSION!!! on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:22 pm

Probably? Oh, he's absolutely going to hate it. And it's going to be awesome. It will be cool if he's in outer space. And after reading #19, I am so curious to see what happens next cause.....DAMN!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum