The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BEST OF 2012

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BEST OF 2012 Empty BEST OF 2012 Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:31 pm

gland

gland

Alright everyone, it's been...actually, almost exactly a year, so it's time once again to praise and pan the best and worst of last year.

Here's the span of material that qualifies. There's been Lantern appearances elsewhere (like Justice League) and it's all welcome, but what we're mainly looking at is the following:

Green Lantern #s 5-15, 0, Annual #1
Green Lantern Corps #s 5-15, 0
New Guardians #s 5-15, 0, Blue Beetle #9
Red Lanterns #s 5-15, 0, Stormwatch #9

The first 15 episodes of the cartoon ("Beware My Power" to "Reboot")..."Steam Lantern" did technically make it to itunes in October, but the majority of people didn't get to see it until the show returned in 2013, so I don't think it should count.

The first 9 issues of the comic based on the cartoon.

The categories are:

BEST STORY ARC

BEST SINGLE ISSUE

BEST VILLAIN

FAVORITE USE OF A POWER RING

MOST SURPRISING REVEAL OR TWIST

BEST SPLASH PAGE OR MULTI-PAGE SPREAD

BEST COVER

BIGGEST "HELL YEAH" MOMENT

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT

BEST PORTRAYAL OF A GREEN LANTERN

GREEN LANTERN MVP (must be a GREEN lantern)

FAVORITE ARTIST

FAVORITE WRITER

FAVORITE LANTERN MERCHANDISE

BREAKOUT CHARACTER

Please send 100% of all votes to lanterncast@gmail.com Last time, we were trying to aggregate listener input from the forum, facebook, and numerous email addresses. This time around, let's keep it streamlined and send it ALL to one place Smile

You've got a few weeks, so think about it and send us your votes!

2BEST OF 2012 Empty Re: BEST OF 2012 Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Scott

Scott

Hi guys, what's the exact deadline day for this? Thanks.

3BEST OF 2012 Empty Re: BEST OF 2012 Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:19 pm

Scott

Scott

Also, you mentioned the first 9 issues of Green Lantern Animated Series. Any plans to review these? Dan - maybe in a solo series? I think you said you wanted these to be reviewed at some point.

I only ask because I have all 12 issues but I haven't read any of them yet.

4BEST OF 2012 Empty Re: BEST OF 2012 Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:50 pm

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

We haven't set up an exact cut off date. We have a few promos to appear on other shows. Once they've officially appeared, we'll probably close it a few days afterwards.

And we will cover both the Animated Series comics AND the Larfleeze backups in Threshold, in addition to Threshold itself.

We have plans to cover EVERYTHING, it's just really a matter of time. With FOUR current titles, the departing of Geoff Johns, the end of the Animated Series itself, the announcement of new creative teams, the departing of some of those teams, the announcement of a new Larfleeze on-going and more...there's already a lot to cover before we even GET to those other books. But rest assured, there are plans to get to them...eventually...

http://www.lanterncast.com

5BEST OF 2012 Empty Re: BEST OF 2012 Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:18 am

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

Ok everyone. You really need to stop noncommittally browsing random webpages and go vote for the LanternCast Best of 2012 show. We started this thing mainly because it was a fan idea...and, although we've been taking votes for weeks, we STILL only have two (TWO!) listener ballots. (Thanks Mark and Scott!) Come on folks! View the categories above and email (ONLY EMAIL) your ballot to lanterncast@gmail.com ... like, NOW.

Seriously. We're about to close the door on votes in a few days...

http://www.lanterncast.com

6BEST OF 2012 Empty Re: BEST OF 2012 Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 pm

Scott

Scott

What you guys are threatening not to do the "Best of" shows anymore?!

I hope Green Lantern doesn't go into a tailspin (if it hasn't already happened). We really need Robert Venditti to hit a home run here to keep all the fans on board.

7BEST OF 2012 Empty Re: BEST OF 2012 Wed May 22, 2013 12:58 am

gland

gland

The Best Of will likely be coming in a couple weeks, though not in the form we originally intended.

8BEST OF 2012 Empty Re: BEST OF 2012 Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Scott

Scott

This still happening?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum