The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lantern Replicas

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lantern Replicas Empty Lantern Replicas Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:08 am

Merlin's Android

Merlin's Android

These were on display at Toy Fair:

Lantern Replicas Toyfairdcf-155_1360514767

Lantern Replicas Toyfairdcf-157_1360514767

Lantern Replicas Toyfairdcf-161_1360514767

Lantern Replicas Toyfairdcf-163_1360514767

2Lantern Replicas Empty Re: Lantern Replicas Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:50 am

gland

gland

I just pre-ordered the Green one a couple days ago. It's priced at $199, but http://www.dcbservice.com/category.aspx?id=1 has it for $135. If the after-market on other batteries is any indicator, that's probably the lowest you'll ever see one of these for.

My biggest issues is going to be weather or not to get more, and if so, how many. I see myself having a hard time justifying paying $100+ for the same thing, just with a different paint job and symbol (and that Yellow handle isn't really that great a difference).

3Lantern Replicas Empty Re: Lantern Replicas Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:18 am

Merlin's Android

Merlin's Android

I've also pre-ordered the green lantern - unfortunately we don't have DCBS in South Africa so I'll have to pay full price. It doesn't bother me too much because I really want this and missed out on the last one.

Not sure if I'll get all of them but it would be a pretty cool collection to have. My only concern is, will they bring out all of the colors this time round because last time they only made the green, yellow and red. I also remember them having and indigo lantern power battery on display at SDCC a few years back and it was the same shape as the green lantern one which is not accurate - it should be the staff they carry around.

I love replicas though so if I have the cash I may get them....

4Lantern Replicas Empty Re: Lantern Replicas Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:46 am

choanata

Admin

Merlin's Android wrote:I've also pre-ordered the green lantern - unfortunately we don't have DCBS in South Africa so I'll have to pay full price. It doesn't bother me too much because I really want this and missed out on the last one.

Not sure if I'll get all of them but it would be a pretty cool collection to have. My only concern is, will they bring out all of the colors this time round because last time they only made the green, yellow and red. I also remember them having and indigo lantern power battery on display at SDCC a few years back and it was the same shape as the green lantern one which is not accurate - it should be the staff they carry around.

I love replicas though so if I have the cash I may get them....

And in fact if you had gotten the Yellow, you would see it's bigger than the Green by a little. Kinda odd. But with the batteries, yeah, Indigo should be the staff, just like Violet should be crystallized. But they made those mini battery replicas not long ago and just made them both like any other lantern. So boring. I kinda understand not wanting to make the staff, with shipping concerns, cost, or even making it in parts to be assembled, but there's no excuse why the violet battery shouldn't be crystallized.

5Lantern Replicas Empty Re: Lantern Replicas Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:22 pm

gland

gland

Part of me thinks it would be cool to put the Orange one in a creepy basement setup.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum