You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The first of two episodes aimed at catching up with the lantern books. This one features Green Lantern and Red Lanterns 13, 14 and 15. The goal was to try and pair a good book with a not so good book. Were we successful? Listen in and find out! Edited by the Epic LanternCast Producer, James Doyle! Call our voicemail number at 708-LANTERN!

Music by Desinu – “Green Ice”!

Download Episode #151 Here!

View user profile
choanata wrote:The first of two episodes aimed at catching up with the lantern books. This one features Green Lantern and Red Lanterns 13, 14 and 15. The goal was to try and pair a good book with a not so good book. Were we successful? Listen in and find out! Edited by the Epic LanternCast Producer, James Doyle! Call our voicemail number at 708-LANTERN!

Music by Desinu – “Green Ice”!

Download Episode #151 Here!

One of the problems with the Pre-Crisis DCU was there was no distinction between parallel universes (which had no Oa) and alternate timelines of Earth-1 (Earth-1A, Earth-B, etc) which did have an Oa.

For example, Superman Vol 1 No. 295 (1976) formally established that Kamandi and the Legion of Superheroes were possible futures for Earth-1 and each would logically have an Oa.

DC Challenge had Guardians and an Oa but had so many continuity problems that even ICG's Official Crisis Crossover Index said it likely took place on Earth-B.

In Legends of the DC Universe: Crisis on Infinite Earths (February 1999) the Green Lantern of Earth-D (José Hernandez) states "What will the Guardians expect for an encore." showing that his reality had Guardians and possibility an Oa as well.

Finally on October 2, 2011 in his Facebook page Dan DiDio seemed to imply that Crisis On Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, and Final Crisis did not occur in DC's New 52 universe!

According to John Lichman's October 4, 2011 UGO "DC New 52 Timeline So Far" this was to clarify the early statement by Dan DiDio of "Brace yourself, but after further review, there have been no Crisis events in the New DCU."

This means that Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, and Final Crisis did NOT occur in the New 52 reality.

So the 52 refers to the number of books and nothing else!

View user profile
Yeah, makes sense to me. They'd want to have the fewest restrictions as possible, so the status of the DC Multiverse is likely "it exists, and there's no number". They've just been too gun-shy to be blunt about it.

View user profile
Good thing, because 52 Universes just isn't enough Razz

View user profile
Go eat your own face.

With a STRAW.

View user profile
I wish they would have referenced the early issues of GL by Johns where the Manhunters had blood in their systems.

I think the Third Army bonding with the rat shows that they can only absorb organic material.

Chad there isn't anything wrong with being negative as long as you can back up your argument.


I'm glad you guys are coming around on GL, I enjoyed the zero issue unlike Jim.



View user profile
Nice show guys.

When reading these issues you have to remember they're under the banner of "Rise of the Third Army". Don't forget we were teased for months about this "epic event". I agree these issues are nice to read on a stand alone basis but when you read them like I did each month when they came out you get a different feeling of disappointment you know what I mean? And don't get me started with the New Guardians. Reading that story each month was absolutely brutal.

Chad - negative comments are welcome! Some of the best shows are the ones where you point out weaknesses in the writing or art but then also point out the greatness in the writing or art. Bring it on!

Isn't it about that time of year when you start promoting the "Best of" show? When are you going to ask for the best of 2012 nominations? I'd like to email mine in and there was some great and terrible things that happened last year.

View user profile
Scott (formally Blume) wrote:Isn't it about that time of year when you start promoting the "Best of" show? When are you going to ask for the best of 2012 nominations? I'd like to email mine in and there was some great and terrible things that happened last year.

My DCBS box should be here sometime this weekend. I'm told there are upteen billion Lantern books in it. So I'll be sitting down and working out a list of episodes we need to get to, in one order or another, and a "Best Of" will probably be in there, unless nobody wants to do it.

View user profile
gland wrote:
Scott (formally Blume) wrote:Isn't it about that time of year when you start promoting the "Best of" show? When are you going to ask for the best of 2012 nominations? I'd like to email mine in and there was some great and terrible things that happened last year.

My DCBS box should be here sometime this weekend. I'm told there are upteen billion Lantern books in it. So I'll be sitting down and working out a list of episodes we need to get to, in one order or another, and a "Best Of" will probably be in there, unless nobody wants to do it.

Oh you KNOW we want to do it.

DOOOOUUUGGGHHHHHHHHHH IT!!!

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum