The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A temporary forum!

+4
GLKitteh
choanata
cage_narleigh
Admin
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26A temporary forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: A temporary forum! Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:15 pm

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

Jim, it has come to my attention that you bind some of your comics. Is this, in your opinion, a costeffective and display worthy way to spend your money? Also, it seems complicated...

http://www.lanterncast.com

27A temporary forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: A temporary forum! Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:22 pm

choanata

Admin

cage_narleigh wrote:Jim, it has come to my attention that you bind some of your comics. Is this, in your opinion, a costeffective and display worthy way to spend your money? Also, it seems complicated...

I have at this point not bound anything yet. When I do it will be Mosaic, and probably the entity volumes. The conept of that seems amazing to me. But it doesn't seem complicated to me. 15 bucks and I just ask Corwin what I have to do. What could be easier? Razz lol

And bound books always look better than a stack of comics. Plus it's a cool way to collect. I just think it's tough to decide to bind something where the individual issues are worth some dough. Don't know if I can do that.

28A temporary forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: A temporary forum! Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:27 pm

GLKitteh

[quote="GLKitteh"]
choanata wrote:
GLKitteh wrote:Sorry, I ment the valentine's day contest.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, that will be picked soon. It's a lot tougher than we had figured since there are so many great entries.

But whose light shines the brightest in this blackest of night? (by blackest of night I mean the month long wait time to find out, lol) =3

29A temporary forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: A temporary forum! Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:33 pm

choanata

Admin

[quote="GLKitteh"]
GLKitteh wrote:
choanata wrote:
GLKitteh wrote:Sorry, I ment the valentine's day contest.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, that will be picked soon. It's a lot tougher than we had figured since there are so many great entries.

But whose light shines the brightest in this blackest of night? (by blackest of night I mean the month long wait time to find out, lol) =3

If you mean which emotion got the most entry, I'm not sure yet. We have not tallied them all up, but it is a pretty good sampling across the spectrum.

30A temporary forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: A temporary forum! Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:35 pm

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

lol, Im planning on binding all of New Krypton, from the special issue to the various issues with the new krypton banner on the top, to all issues of WONK...

31A temporary forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: A temporary forum! Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:37 pm

choanata

Admin

cage_narleigh wrote:lol, Im planning on binding all of New Krypton, from the special issue to the various issues with the new krypton banner on the top, to all issues of WONK...

Not a bad idea as DC will be selling it in like 3 or 4 volumes I think. That's a big set. Here I am just thankful that I didn't love the story enough to want to continue past WONK.

32A temporary forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: A temporary forum! Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:32 pm

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

Its only about 20ish issues...did you read the newest adventure comics?

33A temporary forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: A temporary forum! Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:34 pm

choanata

Admin

cage_narleigh wrote:Its only about 20ish issues...did you read the newest adventure comics?

Actually, that's a post for another thread...

34A temporary forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: A temporary forum! Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Jacob

Jacob

I'm here... Just sharing... Counting down to MegaCon and getting my issue of GL: Rebirth signed by EVS!

35A temporary forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: A temporary forum! Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:15 pm

choanata

Admin

Jacob wrote:I'm here... Just sharing... Counting down to MegaCon and getting my issue of GL: Rebirth signed by EVS!

Not the last one, but the NYCC before that I got a comission from Ethan, my Blue Lantern Supergirl. I got in contact with him beforehand through emails and had even paid ahead of time. So he was supposed to have it waiting for me by Friday. He didn't get a chance to finish, but he would have it by Saturday. Sure enough, he did. When I swung by the table there was a huge line of folks waiting to get stuff signed. I didn't have to wait though as he gave me my comission and signed GL 25 for me. That was awesome.

36A temporary forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: A temporary forum! Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:48 pm

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

Excited for Jacob and Corwin teaming up to get Flash: Rebirth #1 signed by Van Schiver for me!!!!

Thanks so much guys!

37A temporary forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: A temporary forum! Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:47 am

Jacob

Jacob

cage_narleigh wrote:Excited for Jacob and Corwin teaming up to get Flash: Rebirth #1 signed by Van Schiver for me!!!!

Thanks so much guys!

No Problem, it now looks like I'll be there both Saturday & Sunday and possibly Friday night! Yesterday I hit up a LCS and got another Flash Rebirth #1 for my collection, so I'll get the cover you like signed and shipped out to you! I also am going to get him to sign my GL: Rebirth #1!

38A temporary forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: A temporary forum! Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:08 pm

Spaceflash

I wish I could go!!

39A temporary forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: A temporary forum! Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:59 pm

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

THanks again Jacob!!! Just have him sign it, you don't have to worry about personalization. Its going directly on my wall. lol. THanks SO MUCH again!

40A temporary forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: A temporary forum! Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:04 pm

flashgl78

cage_narleigh wrote:Excited for Jacob and Corwin teaming up to get Flash: Rebirth #1 signed by Van Schiver for me!!!!

Thanks so much guys!

Ah!!! I should send you my copy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum