The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

June DC stuff that jumped out at me

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1June DC stuff that jumped out at me Empty June DC stuff that jumped out at me Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:09 am

gland

gland

I'm changing my comic buying habbits DRASTICALLY, so I didn't even really look at the issues listed in the latest solicits, but a couple things in the lower half really did raise an eyebrow.

June DC stuff that jumped out at me Jla_chron_v1_tpb_fpo_02

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA CHRONICLES VOL. 1 TP
Written by GARDNER FOX
Art by MIKE SEKOWSKY, BERNARD SACHS and others
Cover by MIKE SEKOWSKY and MURPHY ANDERSON
On sale MAY 22 • 168 pg, FC, $14.99 US
• Presenting the adventures of the JLA in chronological order! Learn how the team first gathered to battle the intergalactic conqueror Starro!
• Collects THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #28-30 and JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1-3.

I don't think I've ever read the original Justice League stories. I'm sure it's been reprinted all over the place, but this has the same allure of the GL Chronicles. It's in color, it's in ORDER, and it's just a regular trade so you're not charged out the ass. Wouldn't say I'm "excited" to read it, but I kind of want to have it around for when I'm eventually in the mood for that particular flavor of comics, ya know?

June DC stuff that jumped out at me Sm_ga_omni_v1_fpo_02

SUPERMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
Written by JERRY SIEGEL
Art by JOE SHUSTER and others
Cover by DARWYN COOKE
On sale JUNE 5 • 784 pg, FC, $75.00 US
• The early adventures of Superman are collected in one massive hardcover as he battles social injustice and political corruption, fighting for the common man. Includes the first appearances of Lois Lane and Lex Luthor.
• Collecting stories from ACTION COMICS #1-31, NEW YORK WORLD’S FAIR #1, NEW YORK WORLD’S FAIR 1940, and SUPERMAN #1-7.

I'm not a Superman guy, really. Nothing against the character, and I'm looking forward to the Man of Steel movie, but I could never really follow the character monthly. But again, the ability to read those early stories without breaking the bank? This is like Justice League Chronicles times a thousand. The price is steep, so the DCBS discount could make or break it.

...and NOW. The big one. The one I've been waiting for, for what feels like years. Ask Chad, I even bought a pedestal that sits empty, waiting. They've been cycling through various colors, but finally decided to cut the crap and re-release...

June DC stuff that jumped out at me Greenpowerbattery_green_02

1:1 SCALE GREEN LANTERN POWER BATTERY AND RING PROP REPLICA
The Oath of the Green Lanterns!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, IN BLACKEST NIGHT, NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SIGHT.
LET THOSE WHO WORSHIP EVIL’S MIGHT BEWARE MY POWER, GREEN LANTERN’S LIGHT!
Now you can join the fight to protect sector 2814 with your very own Green Lantern power battery and ring! The first in an all-new line of power batteries, featuring a brand new finish, this Green Lantern power battery and ring will make a stunning addition to any desk, so recite the oath and order now!
Measuring approximately 11.5” high.
$199.95 US • On Sale May 2013
*Allocations May Occur

I could not be happier. Unless it was less expensive. But again, the magic of DCBS will help loads.

2June DC stuff that jumped out at me Empty Re: June DC stuff that jumped out at me Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:33 am

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

You picked the exact same three things that jumped out at me immediately from those solicits.

http://www.lanterncast.com

3June DC stuff that jumped out at me Empty Re: June DC stuff that jumped out at me Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:53 am

choanata

Admin

For that price, I'm betting this lantern doesn't light up. It doesn't say it lights up, so I figure they cut costs there. Dcbs discount may put this at $140 or so. That's an awesome price. I'm decaying selling my batteries and going for these instead. Way more affordable. Not sure I really need that light up feature.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum