The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LanternCast Secret Santa 2012

+6
cage_narleigh
gland
DaoFAQ
Meg
GLKitteh
choanata
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:59 am

choanata

Admin

I actually completely forgot about this until Jason reminded me, but I figure we have plenty of time to make it happen. I think last year's Secret Santa was a great success, so I'm going to try and remember the details as best I can...

Lanterncast Secret Santa 2012

The rules are simple. You sign up here in this thread and list a few of your interests or likes. You don't have to come up with your likes right away, you can go back and edit your post later, just as long as you do it before names are picked.

The price limit is $10 bucks, but that does not mean you have to spend 10 bucks. You can make something, draw something, whatever really. The key is that you put thought and effort into your gift, that makes it much more special.

Sign-ups will go on from now until Decemeber 3rd, so you will have 1 week. This way everyone will know who they have with plenty of time to buy or make them something.

You should have your gift mailed out by December 17th, so you will have 2 weeks to buy or make something, and then it will have a full week to get to its recipient in time for Christmas.

Once names are matched up, you will also receive the address of the person you have at that time. Also, the assignment of names is completely random, so just because you have one person, that does not mean they will have you.

The bottom line is to have fun with it and put thought into it! The gift you give may be someone's favorite thing to open this Holiday season!

2LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:12 am

GLKitteh

I'm in as always!

Squirrel girl
Star Trek

(edit) I also love legos, MLP, Mass effect, Doctor who, farcape, and tons and tons of other nerdy things.

Those are the big ones right now =)

Dislikes:
Long walks on the beach
New 52 Harley Quinn
Aglets

Last edited by GLKitteh on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

3LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:13 am

choanata

Admin

And I guess I should also say, I'm in! I may update my interests later, but for now I'll go with:

home-made items are awesome
I love Green lantern rings, so if you want to try and make me one, that's awesome. I have a lot of the ones out there already, but there are a ton of rings on Shapeways.com I don't have that can be ordered for under ten bucks (in plastic). I only have the Batjeepster Guardian/Oan ring from there. Or like I said, make one and I'm happy.

I love power batteries, artistic stuff made from re-used GL comics, cool GL art. I also like customizing vinyls, so there's that angle too Smile

4LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:10 pm

Meg

Meg

I'm in like last year! How could I not do it? (Happy I saw this on facebook before I went to go jump in my bed and play dead for the night, Cyber Monday can go die when I have to work it at the stupid call center. )

Especially since I was super stealthy last year. I usually can't keep a secret. I am super proud of that. lmao

SO IN THOUGH.

Interests:
- Batman and his rogues (notably Harley Quinn pre-new 52... but you knew that, right? And my weak spot for Robins is well known, I think.)
- Doctor Who
- The Walking Dead (boop boop)
- homemade things (really, if you make me something, I will treasure it FOREVERRRR)
- Harry Potter
- ADVENTURE TIME! (come on, grab your friends, we'll go to very distant lands... with Jake the Dog and Finn the Human, the fun it'll never end, it's Adventure Time! lolol)
- too many other things (really, you could get me a box of tea bags and the tea connoisseur in me would be pleased. )

BONUS: If you can send me Josh Groban, Robert Downey Jr. or Jeremy Renner -- you win at life. (this is obviously a joke... sort of)

NO, PLZ:
- anything relating to vampires Neutral
- New Harley Quinn (reiterated because IT MATTERS, MAN)

http://coruscat.tumblr.com

5LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:41 am

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

I'll go in.

Star Trek
Stargate
Star Wars
Doctor Who
The Walking Dead
Harry Potter
Adventure Time
Mythologies
Anime/Manga (anything to do with a Ken Akamatsu or CLAMP property is a safe bet if you don't know much)
Breaking Bad
The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind
Game of Thrones
MLP (My Little Pony for the non-brony/pegasisters)
Power Rangers (I'd prefer something pre-RPM)
2 Broke Girls
Arrow
Walking Dead
Community
Spider-Man
Quantum Leap
Darkwing Duck
Firestorm
Aquaman
Batman
Superman

I know this list if kinda big but I'm trying to give options

Last edited by Odinson91 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

6LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:42 am

gland

gland

I'm in.

Surprise me Smile

7LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:21 am

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

gland wrote:I'm in.

Surprise me Smile

Famous last words. Twisted Evil

Very Happy

8LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:05 am

GLKitteh

gland wrote:I'm in.

Surprise me Smile

You remember what happened last year Basketball

9LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:16 am

choanata

Admin

I don't remover what happened last year?

10LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:23 am

GLKitteh

the year before last? Whenever the christmas rope went out.

11LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:07 pm

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

I'm in, though I think I'll just stick with getting people stuff. Last years Sinestro sketch wasn't that great of a gift.

My Likes:

TELEVISION:

Community
New Girl
2 Broke Girls
Arrow
Walking Dead
Parenthood
Game of Thrones

COMIC CHARACTERS:

Any Green Lantern (except Arisia)
Firestar
Starfire
Dawnstar
Phantom Stranger
Deadman
Ragman
Dream Girl
Shadow Lass
Venom
Gambit
Thor
Nexus
Union

DISLIKES: Anything pertaining even tangentially to 'Twilight'

http://www.lanterncast.com

12LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:33 am

gland

gland

Chad would like a Twilight book signed by Anne Rice.

13LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:08 pm

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

I'm in.

Let's see...

I like:
Star Trek (but not the current JJ Abrams reboot)
Quantum Leap
MST3K
Darkwing Duck
Firestorm
D-Man
Captain America
Green Lantern (Favorite Lanterns - Driq, Guy, Kilowog. Least Favorite - Hal.)

Homemade is awesome, but I know not everyone is so inclined, so know that I'll appreciate whichever way you go.

14LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:42 pm

gland

gland

You like Hal now?

15LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:44 pm

GLKitteh

gland wrote:You like Hal now?

Hal now? gland pow!

And Rachel is in too.

Gotham girls especially pre new 52 Harley Quinn
Martian manhunters eating cookies, lol
Sims
Halo (video game)
Batman hot wheels cars (she has a pretty good sized collection!)
Mass Effect, especially Garrus
Bunnies
Scary movies

Dislikes:
Gears of war
Superman
New 52 Harley Quinn

16LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:33 am

choanata

Admin

Today is the last day to sign up! So far we have 11 people (I'll list the other 3 in a sec), so we have enough people to make this awesome. I'm just going to feel bad for the folks that forgot to sign up in time. So if you are thinking about it, decide today! Remember, it's a $10 MAX, so you can make something and just pay for materials and postage and make it, and it will cost less for those concerned with the money aspect. And now, the additional names for the folks that couldn't post:

Jason - of course he's in. Still waiting on a list of likes, although I do know he is partial to Sinestro

Christian (aka The Boy) - Also in. Again, no list of likes, but I know he sways more towards Larfleeze.

James - This would be the newborn James, my son. At two months old, his likes include drinking formula, getting changed and trying to pee on daddy. Dislikes include wet diapers, not being the center of attention all the time and sleeping at night. Honestly, he should be pretty easy since the only GL things he has are 2 onesies and the set of Little People including Green Lantern and Superman. He actually has 2 of those, and the other characters as well. Starting him young. He has no collections yet, so whatever you think a baby might like or want, go for it. I'll be helping him get or make his gift for whoever he gets Smile

17LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:22 pm

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

gland wrote:You like Hal now?

Did you miss the "least"?

18LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:05 pm

Luke Nightwalker

Luke Nightwalker

You already know that I'm in, so I guess I'll just put likes (In order of importance):

Nightwing
Larfleeze (duh)
Anything to do with the Batman: Arkham Asylum/City games
Halo (The video game, not the thing that hovers above my head)
Lego DC Superheroes
And Boba Fett

I think that's pretty much it.

19LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:42 pm

Geof

Geof

Texting while driving to get in on this before I forget again! I like stuff! Details to follow! Yay!

20LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Scott

Scott

Hi guys, I know I'm late to the party but I've confirmed with Choanata that I'm in.

I like all things Green Lantern related. I don't have any memorabilia so anything I get will be unique. I also have a 4mth old son that is ready to start his Green Lantern collection so something toddler-related would be great.

Unfortunately I am not an artist so I will probably get something for someone.

21LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:11 am

choanata

Admin

Ok, that's a great turnout! I'll be assigning names tomorrow, so if anyone else wants to slip in under the wire, you have until tomorrow morning. Until then, if everyone could pm me your address, that would be great. Just look for the little pm icon under my name where I post. Then I will reply with who you have, so remember to check your mailbox in the link near the top of the page!

22LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:33 am

choanata

Admin

Everybody should now have there Secret Santas, just check your pm folder.

Remember to keep it secret until they receive their gift, it's more fun that way!

23LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Meg

Meg

I never told my secret santa from last year that I had them. Was I supposed to? OOPS. Neutral

24LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:34 am

choanata

Admin

Meg takes Secret Santa to a whole new level. She takes the secret... to the grave!

25LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Empty Re: LanternCast Secret Santa 2012 Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Meg

Meg

choanata wrote:Meg takes Secret Santa to a whole new level. She takes the secret... to the grave!
That's not the only secret I'll take to the grave. 8|

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum