The Lanterncast Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Top Five Superheroes

+5
Spaceflash
choanata
Jacob
Blue Jaunter
EarthGBilly
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Top Five Superheroes Empty Top Five Superheroes Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:19 am

EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly

Okay, since the Forum continues to be down, I thought, hey, maybe we should have another actual topic here, one not focusing on the fact that the Forum is still down? Laughing

So, here goes: Someone puts a gun in your face, and demands to know your five favorite Superheroes of all time. What is your answer?

(No, I don't know why they are demanding such a thing, or why they feel the need to go to the extreme of putting a gun in your face, but just go with it.)

Mine:

1. Firestorm - I know, I know... heresy on the LanternCast Temporary forum, but I can't help it. I've enjoyed the character(s) for most of my life, all of the incarnations. I own the entire run of the initial 1978 series, the 1982 series, and the most recent series. If there is a Firestorm toy out there, I've probably got it. I dig the concept, the costume, the comics, even the cartoon! (The old Super Powers cartoon, specifically, but also the recent Crisis on Two Earths!)

2. Guy Gardner - Since the day I opened the first issue of Justice League International, Guy has been a favorite. (Here's a dig at Hal fans...) Imagine... a Green Lantern with an ACTUAL personality! And, over the years, the character has been fleshed out to being one of the most realistic characters in comicdom. He is a major player in no less than two of my 10 favorite comic book scenes. And, hey, my love of the character even allows me to overlook Collateral Damage. No small feat, there.

3. Captain America - Steve Rogers, specifically. I've read Captain America for most of my life. My love of the character was cemented during Mark Gruenwald's amazing "Captain America No More" arc, one that demonstrated that the man under the mask was more important than the mask itself. Someday, I'll have that bound, since Marvel has yet to offer it in trade form!

4. The Phantom - The Ghost That Walks. Before I was a true Fantern, I was a Phantom Phan. My love of pulp stories can be directly traced to the Phantom. I love generational heroes, ones with history that is passed down, and the Phantom is a prime example. I've loved what Moonstone has done with the character and I fear what Dynamite is going to do with the character. Someday, when I'm feeling stronger, I'll check out the Syfy four hour debacle and see what they did with the character.

5. Kilowog - A lot of characters could contend for my fifth place spot, but for the moment, Kilowog owns it. Just a great, all around character. I used to tell people, talking about The Simpson's cartoon, that just the mere presence of Groundskeeper Willy in any episode made the show better - and, in that same way, every Green Lantern story is made better if it includes Kilowog. I own the great Green Lantern Series 1 Kilowog (courtesy of a contest on the LanterCast!), AND I have the BAF (Build-A-Figure) of Kilowog (okay, yeah, it is actually a Collect-And-Connect, but BAF sounds better to me). And who else can't wait to see him on the big screen, huh?

Okay, those are my five. What are yours?

2Top Five Superheroes Empty Re: Top Five Superheroes Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:12 am

Blue Jaunter

Ok here are my top 5 in no order.

Green Lantern -(Hal Jordan)
A dying alien comes to YOU above all people and gives you the ability to create anything you can imagine. The only requirement is that you remain fearless and use your will to fight evil while making your every dream a reality.

Batman - A tragedy destroys your childhood and the only people you love. An event that could turn most of the people in the world into hateful monsters. What do you do? You take that pain and you use it to hone your body and mind into a weapon to fight the evil that shattered your world. You are the ultimate Nietzchean. You are a mortal who fights alongside the gods and somehow in any situation if there is a way to win, you WILL find it.

Nightcrawler - You are born a mutant freak. Your friends and family drive you away from your home. You look like a monster and it would be so easy to act the role that society casts you in. But you remain positive and have a light heart. Your are the soul of your group and help the very people who would spit in your face. How much faith do you need to push yourself from this plane of existence not knowing what it may hold and how much will does it take to come back again?

Hulk - If Batman is rage controlled and directed by will than the Hulk is the opposite. You do something noble to save someone's life and what do you get for it? You get turned into one of the most powerful creatures in the universe fueled by uncontrolled rage. This is a curse which ruins your life and the lives of everyone who is closest to you. After all these tragedies you are tricked and sent to another universe. There you find love, friendship and nobility and for the first time peace, only to have it taken away as the woman you love dies in your arms. When everyone in the Marvel Universe is gone the Hulk will still be here, alone. The Hulk is who we all have inside and we never let loose.

Silver Surfer - You are a scientist on a peaceful world.
A life devouring entity comes to consume your planet killing all you love in the process. Out of bravery and desperation you boldly make an impossible climb to this godlike being's spaceship. You impress him by daring to stand face to face with him and he makes you a deal. He will spare you world if you agree to help him find others to consume instead. You accept to save your people. You have your entire being reconstructed and now have lost forever any connection to your world and the woman you love. You will never be reunited with her and you forever roam the space-ways alone.

Last edited by Blue Jaunter on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Top Five Superheroes Empty Re: Top Five Superheroes Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:21 am

Jacob

Jacob

In no real order...

Steve Rogers - The man is Captain America, do really need to explain it any further?

Hal Jordan - This is another one that I'm not really sure I ned to explain... The man gets choosen because he can overcome great fear!

Wiccan & Hulkling - Yes I know I'm listing two people here. But they are the most realistic gay couple to be portrayed in comics or any real form of mass media.

Superboy (Conner Kent / Kon-El) - I have loved this character since he showed up in the Reign of the Supermen. Attitude and the Heart to fight the good fight, even when they briefly took his powers away.

John Hammond (The Orignal Human Torch) - The android who learned what it meant to be human and what that meant to him.

4Top Five Superheroes Empty Re: Top Five Superheroes Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:39 pm

choanata

Admin

If someone has a gun and is demanding to know, I'm probably going to give the top 5 favorites that come to mind immediately. And they are such:

Kyle Rayner
Superman
Waverider
Hal Jordan

and Monarch.

I'll give it some more thought and see if that's my actual list of favorites.

5Top Five Superheroes Empty RE: Top Five Superheroes Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Spaceflash

1. Wally West- I love Barry. I love that he's back. BUt from what I've read, Wally is my preferred Flash.
2. Arthur Curry- I've always loved Aquaman. Ever since Super Friends. I only recently learned/taught myself to swim (I'm 15 so I'm not TOO slow) so I've always kinda admired him.
3. Dick Grayson- The original yin to Bruce's Yang. I've never liked Bruce. He''s always annoyed me. BUt with Dick by his side, I'd pay attention. He's funny. He's smart. He deserves to be Batman.
4. Renee Montoya- Between the Batwoman backups, the Final Crisis tie-in, and 52, I've come to enjoy her presence. Right now, I'm working on getting Gotham Central.
5. Kyle Rayner- I started reading GL two years ago with Rebirth trade. I havent read Kyle's run. I havent read much of anything pre-Rebirth(But I'm workin on it)in terms of GL. Yet there's something about Kyle that makes me like him more than any other GL earthling or not.

6Top Five Superheroes Empty Re: Top Five Superheroes Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:51 pm

cage_narleigh

cage_narleigh
Admin

Hal Jordan
Thor
Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond)
The Phantom Stranger
Gambit

http://www.lanterncast.com

7Top Five Superheroes Empty Re: Top Five Superheroes Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:39 pm

spiderpool279

hmmmm... im going to try to order these by character, not current quality of books
1. Spider-man
2. Deadpool
3. Green Lantern
4. Iron Man
5. Hulk
if i had to do it by QUALITY...
1. Iron Man
2. Green Lantern
3. PunisherMax (mainstream is for sissies)
4. Deadpool
5. Hulk

8Top Five Superheroes Empty Re: Top Five Superheroes Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:35 am

Jacob

Jacob

spiderpool279 wrote:hmmmm... im going to try to order these by character, not current quality of books
1. Spider-man
2. Deadpool
3. Green Lantern
4. Iron Man
5. Hulk
if i had to do it by QUALITY...
1. Iron Man
2. Green Lantern
3. PunisherMax (mainstream is for sissies)
4. Deadpool
5. Hulk

Actually, Deadpool is my #6!

9Top Five Superheroes Empty Re: Top Five Superheroes Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:06 pm

GreenLanternPrime

1. Hal Jordan. He was the first comic character I really got into, mainly because I could idenitfy with him, as we were both military brats, and I wanted to fly as well. Also, the idead of having a power that I could use, then take off, has always appealled to me.

2. Captain America/Steve Rogers. Something I have always liked about him, not the most powerful guy around, but people respect and listen to what he has to say.

3. Wonderman/Simon Williams. One of the most powerful guys in the Marvel U, yet he still doubts himself, has problems getting the girl, and self esteem issues when it comes to fitting in with other heroes, yet at the end of the day, he just want to help people.

4. Hank Pym. Has so many problems, so much baggage, yet when he is needed, he puts it all away, and does what he has to do. Out of all the comic book characters, he seems the most real to me.

5. Finally, Jan van Dyne, the origional Wasp. Not the smartest, or most powerful, but she never backs awy from a fight, follows her heart, and has slept with nearly every male marvel characters, and I think a few DC ones as well, not to mention she is never lacking in the comady department, either.

10Top Five Superheroes Empty Re: Top Five Superheroes Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:19 am

choanata

Admin

GreenLanternPrime wrote:1. Hal Jordan. He was the first comic character I really got into, mainly because I could idenitfy with him, as we were both military brats, and I wanted to fly as well. Also, the idead of having a power that I could use, then take off, has always appealled to me.

2. Captain America/Steve Rogers. Something I have always liked about him, not the most powerful guy around, but people respect and listen to what he has to say.

3. Wonderman/Simon Williams. One of the most powerful guys in the Marvel U, yet he still doubts himself, has problems getting the girl, and self esteem issues when it comes to fitting in with other heroes, yet at the end of the day, he just want to help people.

4. Hank Pym. Has so many problems, so much baggage, yet when he is needed, he puts it all away, and does what he has to do. Out of all the comic book characters, he seems the most real to me.

5. Finally, Jan van Dyne, the origional Wasp. Not the smartest, or most powerful, but she never backs awy from a fight, follows her heart, and has slept with nearly every male marvel characters, and I think a few DC ones as well, not to mention she is never lacking in the comady department, either.

That's awesome, 4 out of 5 Marvel, but GL comes in first! I don't really read Cap, but I do think he's a cool character. I'm probably more surprised about Wonderman, but only because I don't see that on too many top 5 or 10 lists, lol.

11Top Five Superheroes Empty Re: Top Five Superheroes Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:28 pm

DaoFAQ

DaoFAQ

In no real order:

Spider-Man
Captain America
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: