You are not connected. Please login or register

Lanterncast Presents: Elseworlds! #7: Green Lantern: Dragon Lord!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Knowing what lay before us, it took us almost a full year to work up the willpower to finally cover it, Green Lantern: Dragon Lord! Is it just as bad as the guys imagined it would be? Or are they just remembering it wrong? Listen in as we delve into the tale of a Green Lantern of Earth in 660 AD China! Leave us a voicemail at 708-LANTERN!

Music by Unkast – “Bullhead”!

Download Episode #7 Here!

View user profile
I've actually never read this. I always see it at every comic store ever, and I always just don't care.

View user profile
That's probably for the best...

View user profile http://www.lanterncast.com
I have it on order because that's just how I roll.

I'll get back to you guys in a few weeks when it arrives.

View user profile
Blume wrote:I have it on order because that's just how I roll.

And in other news, total sales of the prestige format mini-series "Green Lantern: Dragon Lord" doubled today unexpectedly...

View user profile http://www.lanterncast.com
cage_narleigh wrote:
Blume wrote:I have it on order because that's just how I roll.

And in other news, total sales of the prestige format mini-series "Green Lantern: Dragon Lord" doubled today unexpectedly...

How do you double zero?

View user profile
Now I kind of want to read this. Kinda want to see the context and presentation of what you're talking about, because I feel like it might not be as bad as you make it out to be.

View user profile
gland wrote:Now I kind of want to read this. Kinda want to see the context and presentation of what you're talking about, because I feel like it might not be as bad as you make it out to be.

I was just thinking the same thing.

View user profile
By all means, please do. PLEASE do. I dare you.

View user profile
The Dragon Lord series has officially landed on Canadian soil.

View user profile
Blume wrote:The Dragon Lord series has officially landed on Canadian soil.

And is that ALL that has landed on Canadian soil? HMMMMM?

View user profile
I never really liked this story much either... There is so much they could have done to fit it into GL continuity as well as Chinese History/Mythology. They could have used the stereotypical Three Kingdom's wars (Romance of the Three Kingdoms) or Journey to the West or tons of others!

Also turning the rings around would have fit more into the Martial Arts Theme as well as the Legends of the Buddhist Palm technique, which is one of the most powerful martial arts techniques in mythology.

Also Chad, the Chinese used short swords for hundreds of years and that style of sword is used in almost all period piece Martial Arts movie and almost every fighting anime with a Chinese character. Actually they are pretty stereotypical for other countries talking about Chinese mythology.

View user profile
choanata wrote:
Blume wrote:The Dragon Lord series has officially landed on Canadian soil.

And is that ALL that has landed on Canadian soil? HMMMMM?

Well the Green Lantern/Green Arrow TPB just landed on Canadian soil also. Ha! I think choanata is referring to my son Cameron arrived 6 weeks early on Aug 8! A new member of the lanterncast family. You're next choanata!

View user profile
Blume wrote:
choanata wrote:
Blume wrote:The Dragon Lord series has officially landed on Canadian soil.

And is that ALL that has landed on Canadian soil? HMMMMM?

Well the Green Lantern/Green Arrow TPB just landed on Canadian soil also. Ha! I think choanata is referring to my son Cameron arrived 6 weeks early on Aug 8! A new member of the lanterncast family. You're next choanata!

Woot woot!

View user profile
Six weeks early! Everything ok? I don't know how normal that is in baby-time.

View user profile
gland wrote:Six weeks early! Everything ok? I don't know how normal that is in baby-time.

Thanks Gland, he spent three weeks in the hospital but we brought him home three days ago and he's been doing great. He's an emerald warrior.

View user profile
Good. Now paint those walls green!

View user profile
Great episode guys. This series is absolutely ridiculous though. This was a big scam to get higher sales by labeling it a green lantern book. The amount of green lantern references are maybe 10% or less and the 10% isn't very loyal to the green lantern story anyway.

Choanata - you mention that you're pretty certain that it's an Elseworlds. I looked it up online and unfortunately I founds a source that I won't mention (ok it was comicvine) that quotes the following:

"**This was not an Elseworlds tale, but an actual in-continuity story. Still, not enough information exists to decipher whether Jong-Li's tale takes place before or after that of Yalan Gur.**"

Ugh you got to be kidding me. I'm starting to feel sick to my stomach.

There's no way Jong Li would EVER have been chosen to be a Green Lantern with his wishy washy attitude and lack of self confidence. They way he turned his back on that toddler/pre-schooler/pre-teen (whatever that kid was) is sickening!

I'm going to file these issues away in the back of my green lantern collection because that just what I have to do but I'm not going to be happy about doing it.

On a happier note it was very entertaining listening to you guys review the series. Good or bad these stories need to be praised or exposed for what they are and you guys are the best in the business to do it.

Signing off from the Great White North.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum