You are not connected. Please login or register

the place to talk about Dark Knight Rises with spoilers!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

So yeah, there ya go. Talk this thing up. I probably won't see it for a week, but you all should be able to freely talk about this undoubtedly epic movie freely. "Freely". Contained here :p

View user profile
There's kid in Gotham Stadium wearing a GL movie ring on his left hand ring finger. You can see it as the camera pans across the crowd as Bane's talking about the bomb trigger. The ring isn't focused on, but judging from the brightness of it's center, it's probably the DC Direct version.

As for the rest of the movie, I loved it, but after seeing it twice I have to say it's not quite as good as The Dark Knight. I'm kind of baffled by the number of people I'm hearing complaining about the ending, though. I LIKE that Bruce gets to live happily ever after, and that Gotham still has a protector. Everybody already knows WB is rebooting the franchise anyway, but is it really such a bad idea to leave a door open here? Or is it that people wanted to see Bruce die because that'd somehow be badass & awesome? I've always seen Batman as far more of a HERO than a badass, and I think this particular hero has more than earned the right to live his life.

View user profile
Talia? TALIA?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!??!

View user profile http://www.lanterncast.com
Bane sounded like Patrick Stewart trying to sound silly.

View user profile
cage_narleigh wrote:Talia? TALIA?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!??!

What you should be asking is: His name is ACTUALLY ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!??!!!!!!!!!!!????

But anyway, Its actually my favorite of the three just barely skating above Batman Begins. At first, Hardy's voice was kinda off-putting, but I think actually fits the character pretty well (Although it could stand to be a little lower in pitch). Also, did anyone else think The Bat looked kinda insect-y?

View user profile
Geof wrote:As for the rest of the movie, I loved it, but after seeing it twice I have to say it's not quite as good as The Dark Knight. I'm kind of baffled by the number of people I'm hearing complaining about the ending, though. I LIKE that Bruce gets to live happily ever after, and that Gotham still has a protector. Everybody already knows WB is rebooting the franchise anyway, but is it really such a bad idea to leave a door open here? Or is it that people wanted to see Bruce die because that'd somehow be badass & awesome? I've always seen Batman as far more of a HERO than a badass, and I think this particular hero has more than earned the right to live his life.

I agree Geof. I thought the ending was excellent. Bane's voice was hard to take at first but I started to get used to it in the third hour.

View user profile
The ending was great. Bruce had been trying to make himself into a symbol that can live forever since the beginning, and he succeeded. He turned Batman into something that no longer requires Bruce Wayne to exist. And leaving the door open as this universe closes is perfect, especially since it lets the audience decide for themselves what happens next. I LOVE the fact that this whole movie was Blake's origin.

The characters/actors in this movie are fantastic. When they're gathered at the grave at the end, I was actually sad that I'd never see that group again. Even the new ones, that never even existed in the series until just now.

I think the stand-out for me is Catwoman. Let it be known, I have never liked a live action version of Catwoman. EVER. Not in the movies, not in the Adam West shows, hell I wasn't crazy about the TAS version half the time. But Ann Hathaway's version? This woman gets an A+++. Everything about her character and her performance was great. I would watch this movie again JUST to follow her character and ignore everything else...I want to do that with a number of characters, actually, but she's still one of the top two people in this movie (along with Joseph Gordon-Levitt).

Geof wrote:There's kid in Gotham Stadium wearing a GL movie ring on his left hand ring finger. You can see it as the camera pans across the crowd as Bane's talking about the bomb trigger. The ring isn't focused on, but judging from the brightness of it's center, it's probably the DC Direct version.

I saw that! And I love the fact that you could pick out which version it was Very Happy

View user profile
I fucking LOVED it. It has some plot holes, but considering all that it was tying up, and the INTENSE performances, I think they did it justice. I got choked up more than enough times, especially in the scene where Alfred tells Bruce what he wanted to see Bruce do with his life, coupled with the payoff at the end. Sad

View user profile
I really do need to see this again. I don't know what it was, but I just couldn't get into the movie until Bane made his move. I even got up to go to the bathroom. So weird, can't explain it.

Speaking of Bane, did his voice seem higher than in the trailers? Kind of whimsical?

View user profile
gland wrote:I really do need to see this again. I don't know what it was, but I just couldn't get into the movie until Bane made his move. I even got up to go to the bathroom. So weird, can't explain it.

Speaking of Bane, did his voice seem higher than in the trailers? Kind of whimsical?

I noticed that in the trailers (when we could understand him more) that he sounded like Goatboy:

And then in the movie he sounded like Goldfinger.

View user profile
Bane's voice was actually redone since the backlash from the prologue back in December, CBM has a good comparison clip of the scene before & after. There's still a few lines of his that I have trouble hearing even on a 4th viewing, but it's a big improvement.

And let me be clear about this: I have no problem with a movie if I can't understand what a character's words MEAN, I fully realize that not everything is meant to be understood at the time it's said. But when I can't understand what words are being spoken, that's a fault of the director. It's not a case of me needing to "try a little harder" as I heard several fans saying back then.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum