You are not connected. Please login or register

Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:16 am

The June books are out and the guys are discussing them. All the issue 10′s this month as we chug right along! Edited by the Epic LanternCast Producer, James Doyle! Call our voicemail number at 708-LANTERN!

Music by Desinu – “Green Ice”!

Download Episode #136 Here!

View user profile

2 I've figured it out. on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:00 pm

I know who the big bad guy is....the one character who is currently missing from the new 52.
That's right krypto. He has been of world this whole time. Plotting the death of the red lanterns with abymus, lead the scarbs... As they were close to earth mind you..., to odym. And his making the guardians create the third army.

Which will tie into the next big story line. And you guessed it we will finally get that krypto dexstarr fight.

View user profile

3 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:25 am

Trinity War should feature the epic triad of Krypto, Wally West, and Stephanie Brown.

View user profile

4 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:35 am

gland wrote:Trinity War should feature the epic triad of Krypto, Wally West, and Stephanie Brown.


Dude it makes sense thts why the council of the wizards had the bolt its for wally west. Clearly pandoras box was opened when stephanie brown was over looked. Shes upset about gettig looked over as robin love intrest and as batgirl. And of course krypto destroyer of worlds.

View user profile

5 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:08 am

If I had cosmic powers, Krypto would be my herald.

View user profile

6 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:40 am

In all seriousness was it not hal's ring that choose sinestro?

View user profile

7 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:37 am

I don't think they ever said. I just assumed it was a random one.

View user profile

8 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:37 am

Really? I gotta look it up i thought it left hals finger and went straight to sinestro.

View user profile

9 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:09 am

Sinestro was chosen BEFORE the Guardians exiled Hal.

View user profile http://www.lanterncast.com

10 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:23 am

Was gonna edit a correction. Grabbed my issue a little bit ago. I stand corrected. However here is a question. Could the gl ring flying around be busted because the guardians reprogramed it? Or because mogo isnt around anymore to guide the ring?

View user profile

11 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:46 am

Chad...go re-read what the Guardians say when they promoted Guy...

things that make you go huuuummmmmmmmm.....

View user profile

12 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:20 pm

I've had this thought for a while: what if Abin Sur's Daughter's name was Formorrow Sur. That would explain why Formorrow Sur is capitalized, just like Natromo is capitalized. Before they revealed that Iroque had killed Abin Sur's daughter and wasn't the daughter herself I thought maybe that was her real name.

Also, the fact that the Indigos were 'converted' to the way of the Indigo Tribe fits in with Proselyte (aka Squishy). Just after the names of the entities were revealed about two years ago (I think) ArduousAndy and I, independent of each other, did some research on the names.

pros·e·lyte/ˈpräsəˌlīt/
Noun:
A person who has converted from one opinion, religion, or party to another, esp. recently.

Proselytization is the technical term for a religious conversion or missionary work. A Proselyte is a religious convert.

View user profile

13 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Odinson83 wrote:I've had this thought for a while: what if Abin Sur's Daughter's name was Formorrow Sur. That would explain why Formorrow Sur is capitalized, just like Natromo is capitalized. Before they revealed that Iroque had killed Abin Sur's daughter and wasn't the daughter herself I thought maybe that was her real name.

Also, the fact that the Indigos were 'converted' to the way of the Indigo Tribe fits in with Proselyte (aka Squishy). Just after the names of the entities were revealed about two years ago (I think) ArduousAndy and I, independent of each other, did some research on the names.

pros·e·lyte/ˈpräsəˌlīt/
Noun:
A person who has converted from one opinion, religion, or party to another, esp. recently.

Proselytization is the technical term for a religious conversion or missionary work. A Proselyte is a religious convert.

That's cool. I think my mind completely glazed over it last time.

Also, we still don't know 100% that Iroque wasn't Abin's daughter. Or adoptive daughter or something.

View user profile

14 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:46 pm

choanata wrote:
That's cool. I think my mind completely glazed over it last time.

Also, we still don't know 100% that Iroque wasn't Abin's daughter. Or adoptive daughter or something.

Actually you read it on air and even thanked me by name, that was the first time I ever gave any feedback. I kept the episode instead of letting iTunes auto erase it, Episode 59 about an hour and 35 minutes in.

View user profile

15 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:53 pm

Odinson83 wrote:
choanata wrote:
That's cool. I think my mind completely glazed over it last time.

Also, we still don't know 100% that Iroque wasn't Abin's daughter. Or adoptive daughter or something.

Actually you read it on air and even thanked me by name, that was the first time I ever gave any feedback. I kept the episode instead of letting iTunes auto erase it, Episode 59 about an hour and 35 minutes in.

Ah yes, now I remember saying it. But I didn't retain it at all. I depend on Chad for remembering things, lol.

View user profile

16 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:30 pm

Corwin wrote:Chad...go re-read what the Guardians say when they promoted Guy...

things that make you go huuuummmmmmmmm.....

This was back in Corps #8...

the Guardians told Guy, "We feel you have been overlooked"..."FEEL"?- No good can come of this...

View user profile

17 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:51 pm

I missed my weekly dose of Lantercast. You guys have been pumping this stuff out weekly which has been great. What's on tap for #137?

View user profile

18 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Something pretty special planned, but James is globe trotting and I'm to busy to edit myself, so you'll have to wait a bit longer. But we're still recording regularly and will be back on schedule soon.

View user profile

19 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:44 pm

It's something you've all been waiting for.

View user profile

20 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:01 am

Diedrich Bader as Batman...it took a few episodes to get into it, but I think he handled it well.

As for how the Anti-Monitor will work...eh, I've seen a clip of it, and he doesn't LOOK bad, but the scale and pose of his floating makes him look less like something that's moving in the real world and more like a big toy someone's flying around.

It's kinda shitty that they're admitting it...but, I would imagine that three years isn't a huge stretch for a couple of big-budget films. Besides, I'd rather see them wait then just rush out a bunch of shitty flicks.

That said, I think it would be cool if WB decided to do an offshoot, DC Films, give them some money and tell them, "Okay, put your money where your mouth is, go make a couple of films."

New Guardians #10 I liked--though now that you mention it, it is kinda weird that Kyle didn't immediately go to the rest of the Blue Lanterns to help charge them up. Taking out a whole bunch of ships might be a better job for, say, their Heavy in Arkillo.

It is definitely odd to see Saint Walker be angry in general, let alone saying "damn you" to someone. I kinda like it, though--gives him a bit of depth, and, like the other guys say, he's just witnessing his world and, for all intents and purposes, his world fall. I also like how his hope of keeping his planet alive could have been interpreted as a suicidal last stand.

As for the Weaponer saying what the Reach were doing before Kyle figured it out--from the way he's looking at that Central Power Battery, I think he just realized it at that moment, and Kyle didn't notice because he was fighting the spaceships.

I LOVED that "All will be hell!" line. Makes sense for someone who's frequently called himself the God of Terror would say. I also liked Saint Walker's reply when one of the BL's asked who that was and replies, "He's my friend. I think." Very Happy

Red Lanterns I enjoyed, but I think it had a little more to do with the Stormwatch crew itself than anything.

Dex-Star in this issue...considering Ed Benes made him look like a cat/human hybrid, this is totally a step up. Overall I don't hate the art--it just feels like the artist gets a little too filter/photoshop happy at times.

And yeah, Ed Benes is officially off Red Lanterns--he's moving over to Batgirl.

I liked Cornell's run on Stormwatch, but I've also enjoyed Milligan's run--it was surprisingly enough better paced (something that I think it isn't Milligan's strongest suit) and has some INSANE concepts. For example, last issue had the team fighting a secret society of Neanderthals, and the issue before revealed that the French/Indian War was really caused by Stormwatch going public, and then having to put the genie back in the bottle using sci-fi weapons and political assassinations. It is gloriously nuts.

GLC was pretty good, too. The John stuff is a VERY played song, but at least Tomasi's playing the beat right.

Revival was pretty good, yes. Smile

Good episode. Smile

View user profile

21 Re: Lanterncast: Episode 136 - June Books! on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:27 am

In saint walkers origin we see him get upset at the "savior" till he realizes that it was him. So him getting upset now isnt werid at all. It just shows he still has emotion.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum